Educator, Student or Hobbyist? Fusion 360 is FREE!

Free is where I roll, and if you meet those requirements, you can be in the Free zone as well.

Tutorials for use will be rolling out soon. =)

13 Likes

Even better, Educator, Student or HOBBYIST (which is most everyone here).

5 Likes

Fusion 360 is a COOL product - my son just finished his Senior Year project and modeled all of it in Fusion 360. Like his dad, he’s a techie and a builder, so naturally his project featured lots of 3D printed parts and laser cut parts. It was pretty cool actually.

The issue we had with Fusion 360 was it wasn’t easy to get laserable files out of it easy. There’s a conversion that needs to happen and that can skew things if you’re not careful. Luckily we’re both in tune to that, so it wasn’t hard, just extra steps to go through.

As a dedicated AutoCAD guy, I really wish there was a plot command, or an export or something that would take it direct to usable files. There isn’t and again it’s just one of the things you’ll have to deal with when using it, but as long as you’re aware of that its a cool product!

1 Like

There are a couple of plugins that do a fantastic job of rendering faces into usable DXF and SVG files. We’ve got them listed in the Matrix.

https://apps.autodesk.com/FUSION/en/Detail/Index?id=7634902334100976871&appLang=en&os=Win64

https://apps.autodesk.com/FUSION/en/Detail/Index?id=3662665235866169729&appLang=en&os=Win64

5 Likes

SWEET! Once again, I need to research the forums before I post…

1 Like

Not many people know to check the Matrix, but it’s a font of knowledge gathered from the forum over the years. Lots of good stuff in there. :grinning:

2 Likes

Duh - the Matrix.

6 Likes

:smile: A favorite of mine. (Hence the name).
Pity the second and third installments were such a let down.

3 Likes

It’s 20 years old this week - I just can’t

1 Like

Are you kidding? Wow! I remember it like it was last week. :smile:

2 Likes

Same - such a world changing movie really.

2 Likes

LOL! I soooo live in that world! :smiley:

Time goes to fast… Unless I am waiting for my phone to sync…

2 Likes

On /. recently, someone maligned “The Matrix” as a decades old movie.
Some movies are timeless and you can always find something other than age
if your goal is to discount the work.

3 Likes

I’m just thrilled to find one with a plot occasionally. :smile:

4 Likes

I thought the 2nd movie sequel held potential, but the 3rd was kind of a dumpster fire. I did like the story arc, just not the execution of that story.

The Kennedy assassination, Nixon, Iran, a number of girlfriends, Easy Rider, all the past few weeks or earlier, even keeping the order straight. Even as I find trouble walking there is the 18 year old inside wondering WTF happened!

5 Likes

Our own @SecretSauce has a great tutorial series on Youtube about how to use Fusion 360 as a Glowforger. The first video runs through all the sketch commands, but later tutorials cover how to get the design out in a friendly format.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tips. I just completed my first design as I was flying back east. =) Just got a note my battery is wearing out… Anxious to get back to my lab to start whipping up content. =)

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.