Eggo Coaster Toaster - Stranger Things

I decided to push myself a bit to stick my creative neck out there by signing up for the Imgur Secret Santa gift exchange and make something awesome for a stranger. I work better under pressure so I thought this would be a fun challenge. My glowforge got here later than expected but I can’t really use that as an excuse for being late, since I didn’t start on the design until it arrived. I also didn’t do myself any favors by picking cork as a project material. I contacted the person it’s going to and they were cool about the delays.
They said they were into Stranger Things so I decided to make coasters that look like Eggos. After those were done, I wanted to take on a little more and add a little extra. How about something to put them in? How about a toaster! What about a cool box too? I’ve never made a box before!
Trial and error with the cork took the longest. Cork is not fun.

85 Likes

Wow! Those are awesome! :smile:

3 Likes

Looks like you really got into the project! Great job!

3 Likes

Any time you want to be my secret Santa is ok with me. One thing leads to another.

3 Likes

Shut up and take my money!

4 Likes

Wow, you did an awesome job on this! Also, I’m impressed that it looks like you didn’t use any trademarks, yet the theme is clear as day. I’m sure the Stranger will like finding the alphabet part as well. Bravo!

4 Likes
  1. Awesome.
  2. Above and Beyond.
  3. Is it not fun to challenge yourself to something cool for someone else? When it works.
3 Likes

Wow…I’m floored… Love, love, love everything you did!!

1 Like

So cool!!

2 Likes

Fantastic! Lucky Secret Santa recipient!

I love a good themed project. The box is such a perfect finishing touch. :ok_hand:

I love how the coasters go in the toaster. Very cool!

1 Like

Wow! So cool! :heart_eyes:

JEBUS!!! This is amazing, the attention to detail, the creativity!

If you don’t mind me asking, what is your day job? I hope it’s one that allows you to be creative.

3 Likes

omg - wow! :crazy_face:

Thats fantastic. I’d buy one. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m a Production Designer for a print company, Xpressdocs.com. It sounds creative but really I just upload postcards for real estate agents.
After this project I really wish I would’ve went into product design or something. I never imagined I’d have so much fun!

5 Likes

Eagle has landed! https://imgur.com/gallery/bL6lT

5 Likes

His excitement at finding your work comes over all too clearly in his comments.
Well done :+1:

:upside_down_face:

3 Likes

This is flippin awesome!!!

1 Like