Elegant Etched Acrylic Lace Illuminated Church

Inspiration:
Nanci Duigou created this custom one-of-a-kind Elegant Etched Acrylic Lace Illuminated Church! This church was inspired by a small church her mom made out of actual lace using a fabric stiffener.

Construction:
The base digital .svg files were purchased from The Covered Chipboard and was meant to be made from layers of chipboard and papers. We modified digital design in Inkscape for the thicker wood and acrylic materials to be cut on the Glowforge laser cutter while more than doubling the original size (24.5” x 15” x 10.5”).
We created out own version of the church steeple to hang an actual bell as well as a custom base to support the structure. We ended up with 65+ pieces of wood, 11 sheets of acrylic with a custom etched a lace pattern, and 11 stained glass effect windows (color laser prints mounted onto thin styrene plastic sheets).

Lights:
The interior is illuminated by 3 LED candles with a remote control that showcase the delicate lace patterning of the church walls. We are so very excited to display this as part of our ongoing Christmas Holiday dΓ©cor!

glowforge #thecoveredchipboard svg lasercut etching wood acrylic #lace #miniature #illuminated christmas #holiday #church #churchbell #nanciduigou #duigoudesign gift stainedglass inspiration

88 Likes

Beautiful! The lace really looks amazing.

7 Likes

The piece is simply stunning! I hope we will get to see more works by this talented couple.

8 Likes

Wow, this is absolutely beautiful!!! :heart_eyes: Love all of the detail!

7 Likes

Gosh, this is incredible! Well done!!

5 Likes

Quite a project. It is awesome to examine.

A recent thread mentioned a new acrylic source I had not seen before. I usually am looking for Rowmark two color acrylics for earrings.
They did not have any of that, so still with Johnsons, BUT they had a stained glass option.
No idea if it would enhance the project, but thought to mention it.

https://galaxyplastic.com/samples/stained-glass/

15 Likes

Thank you for sharing this beautiful project and the story behind it. Fantastic!

5 Likes

Absolutely beautiful! That is a keepsake for sure!

5 Likes

That is absolutely amazing. Treasured for years to come!

6 Likes

Wow that is stunning!

6 Likes

Wow. This is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing.

5 Likes

What a gorgeous family heirloom.

5 Likes

wow, that is stunning

3 Likes

The lace is stunning. The stained glass windows look very good, too.

4 Likes

Thats a beautiful work of art. Really great idea.

3 Likes

That is beautiful. What a wonderful idea. So unique

2 Likes

What an elegant addition to your Christmas decorations! It is so beautiful!

3 Likes

Beautiful

1 Like

Beautiful results.

2 Likes

Nanci Absolutely Beautiful. I Love it

1 Like