Elegant Reindeers 4.5" *Free Design*

Sorry, I didn’t realize that this wasn’t that group. And thanks for the advice.

These are without a doubt the cutest reindeer I have EVER seen!! I had an idea in my head of a Christmas scene I have been wanting to create but what I envisioned for reindeer is nothing close to this!! I can’t wait to cut these and see them in person! Thank YOU for sharing!

LOL I was wondering the same exact thing myself!! Great minds think alike! So adorable it makes me want to do a larger version for sure!

With some file editing you can make them as large as the bed of your Glowforge, but you would need to adjust every slot so it stays the same width as it is now.
Without editing the file you could double them in size, but you would make them using thick/1/4"/6mm wood instead of the medium/1/8"/3mm wood.

1 Like

Just can’t quit these beasts…

This time in green-glass acrylic, and shrunk down so they can be packed into a 65x300m area - essentially cutting off strips from a 12" wide sheet of acrylic. I’m finding this useful for “wait, what?” gifting scenarios where I need to quickly and efficiently carve up some trinkets.

I see discussion about going bigger, but they shrink down just fine too:

Vector file attached, in two colors: one for the actual cuts and the other for alignment marks. The alignment marks are optional, but useful if you’re not absolutely confident in camera-only placement, and to confirm the scale is correct (essential for fit).

The space between the vertical alignment marks should be exactly 300mm. Keeping the scaling at 1:1 will produce a barely-loose fit between the parts for 2.9mm thick acrylic. I haven’t had to try this myself, but the fit between the parts could be tweaked by scaling the overall size. For example, if your acrylic is 2.8mm thick, scaling (in both X and Y) from 300mm to 290mm should re-tighten the fit.

Small Reindeers strip 2_9mm acrylic

8 Likes

These look great in the acrylic. Thanks!

3 Likes

I love the green-glass acrylic! Looks very classy and elegant.

1 Like