Elegant Reindeers 4.5" *Free Design*

i appreciate the offer and can definitely share once time allows but i am sure it is me and my inability to understand inkspace and how to create

So pretty! Thank you for the share!

1 Like

Thank you so much for this amazing tutorial

1 Like

I was nominated the person to bring a holiday craft project to a Christmas gathering in a few weeks…I thought of the Elegant Reindeers, and have cut out enough for everyone to paint a pair of them! (and 6, so far, for home use) Thank you for sharing your design, I know my friends will love them!

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing.

Hello… super cute! How do I locate the design file?

Thank you,
Molly

1 Like

It’s the first image in the original post. Right-click, save.

1 Like

thanks for sharing. I will try this today.

1 Like

Merry Christmas! Thank you for the file!

I just love these deer! I just did a set out of white acrylic.

14 Likes

Lovely. Albinos no doubt. Camouflage perfectly in the snow.

6 Likes

They’ve got their snow suits on!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

im having trouble with them…i made several but the connection points are either too loose and it falls apart or it is too tight and i cant fit the pieces together how can i fix that? I am using 1/8 GF Acrylic

Glue…or if they’re too tight, a light sanding inside the finger joints…though that’s not too plausible for acrylic. Aside from that, you will need to know how to measure your materials and adjust the file pattern for kerf.

4 Likes

Thanks for creating the file. They came out very cute.

I tried it out as it was originally, then I added some eyes and pattern to the antlers.

20191213_215530|281x500

4 Likes

Yay I’m not the only one to use the Oak-MDF-Spartan-Wall-Paneling.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/0-125-in-x-48-in-x-96-in-32-sq-ft-Oak-MDF-Spartan-Wall-Paneling-8203475/310464642

I cut 15 reindeer last night, took them to the psych hospital where I lead arts & crafts groups and had 9 folks paint them today…the patients were delighted, and I think they all came out well…

(Vixen was not quite finished when this photo was taken, but is gold and copper…)

Thanks again to everyone who shares designs here!

17 Likes

What is the max size these deer can be cut/made at? :thinking:

These deer are lovely! What settings did you use for the medium draftboard? I’ve had such a hard time getting it to cut on my glowforge. Thank you! :slight_smile:

Settings can only be discussed over in the Beyond the Manual section of the forum.

You should be able to use the default :proofgrade:Proofgrade settings when cutting Draftboard. If it’s not cutting all the way through make sure it’s flat (the hold-down pins can be useful for that) and you may need to clean your lens. Open a new topic in Community Support if you need help getting your Glowforge to work as well as it should.