Elemental Fish

You can use that green “Frog” masking tape from Home Depot or Lowes (etc.), it is designed not to leak paint under it. It has a smoother texture than normal masking tape. - Rich

3 Likes

Not questioning your word on this, of course. Just curious if you’ve actually lasered with it? Thinking that different tapes will react differently to being evaporated by a laser and some may curl up on the edges from the heat resulting in bleeding paint.

4 Likes

It’s paper tape like any masking tape and it has an adhesive that releases like the blue kind of painters tape. It does have (advertising says…) an ingredient in the adhesive that repels paint. I haven’t tried it, but if masking tape works for the purpose, I would think this ideal. Your mileage may differ. :slight_smile: - Rich

3 Likes

It looks great!

2 Likes

I’ve heard the blue tape works well in general. But I haven’t heard anybody talk about painting something they’ve lasered. Looking forward to my own experiments! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I should go back and do one with paint, but my tiny little pen test used Blue 3m Painters Tape & Green FrogTape. It showed me better performance with the blue.

6 Likes

That looks really good! trying so hard not to be jealous, but man I can’t wait to be doing stuff like this!

The coolest part for me was the time from concept to finish was about 1/2 an hour including time for the paint to dry.

7 Likes

I’ve used frog tape and I’ve used 3M Blue Painters tape for masking walls. I didn’t notice the frog tape doing a better job. That said walls aren’t exactly smooth and the areas being masked were more difficult areas than the middle of a wall. A test as laser mask on an actually smooth material is called for.

2 Likes

Oooooohh! Elements goooodd.

Using the element card from the periodic table for a design feature really has some solid potential. Here is one of my favorites featuring a necessary cooking element:

38 Likes

Planning to have some of that with some Lettuce and Tomahto for lunch! :relaxed:

9 Likes

I have that t-shirt :grinning:

3 Likes

That shirt was what inspired me to make this :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Really nice–I’m so impressed with the quality of the paint lines. Impressive alternative to two-color acrylic.

Yeah. I’ve tried it on another project now and it is remarkable how well it works.

1 Like

Had to be done.

8 Likes

Sorry, no. It was from an word games and puzzle book when I was in school.

Ghoti Hook probably stole it from there. They were quite the fun group, this was the album I had when I was a kid. Unfortunately my CDs were stolen when I worked at a Senior Living Center.

6 Likes

Yes! I love this!