"Elf on the Shelf" holiday shaker ornament

I had a lot of fun making this… It took awhile for me to figure it out as I have only had my Glowforge for less than a month. I got to say, I am super enjoying seeing my designs and creations come to life…

39 Likes

Nice ornament and design for such a new user. I hope you continue having lots of success bringing your creative vision to life.

6 Likes

Thank you so much that means a lot to me. Definitely a learning process and I definitely had to place a few creations in my “try again” bin…

1 Like

I love it!! I’m still waiting for my :glowforge: to arrive but I’m already so inspired I think our elf, “Snowy Cakes” is going to learn how to make an ornament while my girls are sleeping this year.

3 Likes

very very cute!

3 Likes

oh man, you will love love love it when it arrives…it’s so fun and awesome to watch…

2 Likes

thank you so much. I appreciate it.

If you have only had the machine for a short time you are really on your way.

5 Likes

Well done! A month in I was still just making keychains… cute idea to combine materials to create the snow globe effect.

3 Likes

thank you…it has been a lot of trial and error…I have a lot of “crispy” pieces in my “try again” bin… :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

thank you. I saw a picture of one online and I thought about how they made it and just tried to figure it out. Trust me, it was a headache. I guess I could have watched a tutorial first, but it wouldn’t be as fun. I’m a crafter by trade so trying to figure out on my own, is more rewarding to me…

2 Likes

Always love me a shaker ornament. Well done!

4 Likes

Really cute! Sequins contained for a nice little shake … perfect!

2 Likes

are you selling your design on Etsy for others to use ?

Unfortunately, at the moment, I am not. I do, however, sell my actual creations on my Facebook business page at shop.ibsteph

1 Like

Very nice. You could tell potential customers their named can also be engraved at the bottom.

2 Likes

Thank you. Also love your idea…

2 Likes

We all had those in the beginning … some continue to as we experiment with other things… :wink: So tickled to see that ornament…I haven’t tried making any shaker ornaments before.

1 Like

Aww. Thank you. Shakers are fun yo make but are definitely a pain. You should try it.

1 Like

Gosh golly glitter!! That’s great!

2 Likes