Ember’s Urn

A friend of mine who we call the kitten whisperer because he would always find stray kittens and find homes for them finally decided to keep one for himself. A tiny deaf fiery ginger girl he named Ember. I made tags on the gf for him using the Avatar firebender symbol and font. Sadly, she only lived for six months (a congenital brain issue); truly a beautiful Ember who flared and faded too soon. I was honored that he asked me to make an urn. I used pg red oak hardwood for a closed box, and pg cherry veneer, and hand-drew a design using Amaziograph for the pattern. I know the contrast isn’t bold, but she was a pale solid ginger with gold eyes, so it seemed right. I wanted to share here.

75 Likes

Beautiful. Well done. :cat2: :rose:

13 Likes

What a beautiful tribute!

14 Likes

The saying is very touching and appropriate.

14 Likes

Ok, now I want to cry. Beautiful sentiment and nice work. He’s a lucky friend.

11 Likes

Oh, they do mark us forever. Lovely work.

10 Likes

That is absolutely lovely. I’m so sorry for his loss.

3 Likes

Beautiful work and resting place.

5 Likes

That is absolutely gorgeous, and the quote makes my heart ache.

6 Likes

That looks great,I just have one question, did you make sure to seal the inside with something thick like lacquer? Asking because that type of wood is typically very porus and eventually can ether rot or “leak” unexpectedly, I found this out the hardway in the past

5 Likes

Good point and I didn’t; but her ashes were sealed inside a bag and then wrapped in a yard of red velvet, so it think it should be ok.

6 Likes

What a touching tribute to a lost furry friend. Congratulations on the craftmanship @Jobacca.

7 Likes

Good to hear, I had to do an urn for a family friend a few months back, I ended up making a second one sealed with lacquer for this specific reason.

2 Likes

Oh, so beautiful and I love the quote. It’s always nice to see pets being valued this much.

7 Likes

Beautiful job.

6 Likes

Really beautiful work!

4 Likes

This is such a beautiful design, I’m sure it touched your friend’s heart and will help him stay connected. :mending_heart:

2 Likes

What a beautiful remembrance!

2 Likes

beautiful work and so sad for his loss!

2 Likes