Embossing folders with matching stencils for cards

Hey folks, I’ve started working on my Christmas cards for this year, and I needed a design that I could fairly easily mass produce (30-40 cards). I think this one will work. I downloaded and streamlined a design I got from Adobe Stock (by artinspiring) in the free section, and created an embossing folder by gluing the cutouts from one piece onto another piece that matched (I scored the design to make gluing easier).

Works great! After adding cardstock and running through my Big Shot Pro:

But wait, there’s more! Matching stencils, one for each color:

Just add a stamped greeting and a nice border, and job’s done.

You can really see the dimension from the side:

Edit: forgot to mention what I used to make these items. The embossing folder was made from Graphix plastic sheets, 0.02”, which according to the manufacturer are made of polyester. The stencils were made from 7 mil Mylar (polyester) which I got from @smcgathyfay (I don’t know if she’s still on the forum, haven’t heard from her for a couple years).

73 Likes

Really cool idea. It came out great.

5 Likes

You’ve got me googling Big Shot Pro now.

8 Likes

so the kerf was enough to allow the paper to fit between the pieces?

7 Likes

Oh this is good.

7 Likes

Yes, just barely. I forgot to mention the material, I’ll update the first post.

2 Likes

That is such a great idea!
Thanks for sharing it and adding to my to do list :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Something else I can try, quite excited about it really.

4 Likes

how much give is in this? wondering if i could try some scraps from the .040 my company used to make face shields.

6 Likes

The .02” is fairly flexible but I would think .04 would be a bit too thick. Give it a shot, what have you got to lose?

5 Likes

Beautiful, inspiring…

5 Likes

Very nice result!

4 Likes

How wonderful!! Your cards are lovely!

I really like embossing, and love :two_hearts: this!

5 Likes

I love what you did…they look beautiful and I’m inspired by your process. Another idea put into my personal ‘hopper’.

4 Likes

While I love your final one, I’m shocked at how gorgeous this is! A tiny dot of red on the nose for that splash of colour :stuck_out_tongue:

17 Likes

That’s my favorite too.

4 Likes

You’ve pushed the envelope yet again - in a delightful way!

5 Likes

This is awesome!

4 Likes

BEautiful work! It would be a real pleasure to receive a card like that. The design is simple, but so nice to look at!

4 Likes

That is great! I love the idea of my own embossing folder designs… Thank you for sharing the method and materials…

4 Likes