Emoji Keychain SVG Generator

We recently added Emojis to Cuttle, the laser-cutting design web app.

Since the Keychain Generator (where you can customize the text) was a hit, I made this new Emoji Keychain Generator :key::sparkles:

You can choose the emoji (over 1,000 options!) and customize the sizing, outline, and hole placement. Then click “Download SVG” for a ready-to-forge file.

emoji keychain demo

Set the purple filled layer to “engrave” and the black outline to “cut”.

The above examples use Proofgrade Medium Maple Plywood and Proofgrade Clear Acrylic.

If you use it I’d love to see a picture of your result!

Let me know if you have any questions or feedback / ideas for variations or other customizable projects I could make!

51 Likes

Since I use the lol crying cat all the time, making a keychain out of it (super easily) sounds like an excellent idea!

Do you have a tessellating shape maker? Better yet, one that puts them in field and removes doubled paths so it could be cut with no waste?

8 Likes

Ahh… that turtle is adorable!

Since this is the Free Laser Design section it should include an SVG. So here is the cute turtle (from the Cuttle generator)!

Emoji Keychain - Keychain

Here is the ROFL one too!
Emoji Keychain - Keychain (1)

And, “I love you” in sign language!
Emoji Keychain - Keychain (2)

16 Likes

Cuttle is just getting better and better!! Nice idea!

6 Likes

So cool! Cuttle is really coming along!!

4 Likes

I know that symbolism represents so many things, from Buddhism to Satanism.
Never would have thought going to I Luv… The world can be a weird place as you move along.

3 Likes

I cannot speak for the other groups, but I have a friend that translates for deaf children. And that is the symbol for the “I love you” sign.

6 Likes

Oh I do not doubt it. I was just amazed that it had yet another interpretation.

2 Likes

Absolutely. In American Sign Language (ASL) that sign is a portmanteau of the signs for “I,” “L,” & “Y.”

11 Likes

Awesome! Thank you Toby!

2 Likes

Think this will be VERY popular.

4 Likes

Hi Toby! First of all I have to share my admiration for your ability to create such pattern generators and then make them available for free! This will be great for kids coming to our home for a visit: super fast, customized projects!!
I do have one question though: If I understood previous posts correctly, these keychain items have one common point of weakness: the transition from the hole to the outline. Would it be possible to have one slider that would smooth this sharp edge?

4 Likes

But I really don’t that part od the design being very weak where you placed it. Obviously someone could adjust it so that it would be fragile.

You can adjust the position and the thickness of the border. If you want more customization you should be able to modify it by editing the component directly.

3 Likes

Is this what you’re thinking?

Before:

After:

If so, you can do that by clicking “Edit in Cuttle”, then selecting the cut outline, then doing Modify > Round Corners.

emoji keychain round corners

Then do File > Export SVG to get your SVG.

If you want to do a fancier corner rounding, you can instead do these steps, which I recorded in the variations for the original Keychain Generator:

7 Likes

Excellent! Exactly what I was looking for :slight_smile:

1 Like

this is soooo cool, thank you so much

1 Like

:two_hearts: Thanks! Glad you like it!

That is such a cool little program, plus it is easy to use and lots of fun.

3 Likes

Thanks! Glad you’re enjoying it :sparkling_heart:

Wow! Thanks for this! It looks great to use with kids.