Enchanting Miniature Castle Book Nook

Greetings -

Decided to finally do one of these from the Catalog. Props to Ivan Bilous…

I have the Premium Subscription, so no charge. I downloaded it sometime ago, and after thinking about it, I wanted to give it more depth of colors. It requires two sheets, so I went with one Walnut, and one Cherry. And got cutting…

Used some ‘Titanium’ for the Suit of Armor, and ‘Copper’ for the shield.

All the pieces were snug fit and no reason to glue, except for the pieces stuck to the walls.

I really like how the stairs came out. Risers and railing in walnut, and stair treads in cherry.

Snap it all together and what have you got… Also did pictures, floor, window and door frames in cherry. Wall lamps were cut in draft board and colored with black and copper sharpies.

Snuck in a battery candle for when it’s dark.

Very satisfying little project. I’ll definitely make more versions of these.

HL

42 Likes

Oh, well done! It’s on my list of things to make!

9 Likes

Looks great

7 Likes

Wowza, that came out great.

9 Likes

Oooh, nice!!! I grabbed the catalog patterns for the book nooks also, but I just haven’t done any of them yet. I really need to get them done! Think I’ve just been too afraid to try!

9 Likes

Looks like a fun project! Nice job.

7 Likes

Thank you for doing this! For me, it can sometimes be hard to imagine the potential of designs that are presented uncolored. You’ve really brought out how great this design is.

10 Likes

That turned out so nice. I want to do something similar (maybe modify this one) for my granddaughters. They read so much and have so many books I want it to be like a library where I can put tiny pics of them on the wall and books they especially like. This allowed me to ‘see’ into it better!

9 Likes

That came out amazing! I agree that it’s sometimes hard to see the potential from just the catalog image.

5 Likes

Niiiice!

4 Likes

You did a REALLY nice job… that is COOL!!!

2 Likes