Engrave by Color Default Shades

Yes 1mm won’t make much difference but it wont cut exactly 1mm if you run a second pass without lowering the focus. How much less I don’t know. But if you keep going lower and lower each pass will take off a little bit less.

1 Like

I’ve been playing with engraving at different focal lengths. I want to do an engrave of the moon. I’ll try it later on this evening with different depths. It’s fascinating how the different focal length leaves the acrylic At 1/2 again the thickness of the material, I was able to leave the acrylic with no residue at all. Still have visible lines, so I’m working on that, but no white powder (focus on surface of acrylic) and no black soot (.433, limit of focus). I’ll do a couple passes. At an hour each pass, it isn’t a quick test.

7 Likes

This is some of the stuff I would like to try as well. Do you happen to have good set of instructions od how to set up the files for 3D engraving? I’d be very interested in looking them over if you do.

Hmmm, now that precision power is enabled, I’m wondering if these would look any different.

I think lots of things are going to look different. I’ve got a bit of re-testing to do myself tonight. :slight_smile:

4 Likes