Engraved lifeproof phone case?

Has anyone engraved on an iPhone case? I have a life proof case and would love to personalize it. But I’m not even sure if it is laser safe… or does anyone know of a laser safe phone case that isn’t wood??? Or leather??? I drop my phone a lot and I have a 1 year old that throws it so my case must be durable.

Cut and stick an engraved veneer backing to your existing super tough case?

3 Likes

Lifeproof cases are made from Polycarbonate, not something that lasers well, it tends to end up in a gooey mess unless you have exact control over the heat (speed/power) applied during the process.

3 Likes

Gotcha… do you know of any phone cases that are laser engrave-able that arent wood or leather?

1 Like

Do you know where I could purchase those?

Glowforge sells veneers that are self adhesive. You’d just need to design your cutout/engraving. Someone might well have already designed the cutout if you google your phone model svg like “iPhone 8 svg”

2 Likes

Whichever case you’re thinking about trying, research the material used to produce it, then refer to the SDS for that material.

1 Like

If you want to do a simple line drawing, even the polycarbonate can be lasered, but don’t expect a complicated design to work. There are lots of cases that are laserable in the same way as your current one, but for piece of mind I’d echo the sticky veneer suggestion.

2 Likes