Engraved onto a white ceramic tile from Home Depot

If you used regular sharpies for the coloring, it will fade relatively quickly in direct sunlight.

You did an amazing job and I’m sorry for your loss.

Good idea. Thanks!

1 Like

Yes, it did help me quite a deal. I can not be at the funeral because it is a risk that is too high of a risk for me to take due to my child’s liver disease. I’ll be using my Glowforge for many projects now that I know that I can make them. I’m just now looking at the face shields and mask patterns! I had no idea. What a blessing this machine is turning out to be. Thank you to all that are a part of these forums. So much to learn :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you- I will let them know that it will be better to place on their book shelves.

2 Likes

It looks awesome. :heart:
You might also want to try painting the tile first then engraving. it doesn’t fade like sharpies do. You would have to seal it after though.

This is what one of mine looked like right out of the forge.

6 Likes

Wow, that is amazing!

1 Like

So what medium did you use to paint on the tile? Was it acrylics or oils? I LOVE this- I had no idea something like this was possible.

2 Likes

Rustoleum Painters Touch 2X. Paint and Primer in One
2 colors, black always being top color. On the horse Orange then black. with a drying time of an hour between coats. Don’t let dry more than a few hours before lasering. After lasering a couple of coats of clear shellac.

5 Likes

Can you tell me how you did this? What settings. I am new to glowforge and would love to make something with a picture on tile also.

Settings can’t be discussed in this forum, but you’ll note the OP thanked others who had posted about engraving tile - you’ll find a whole bunch of existing threads over in Beyond the Manual.

1 Like

This looks great. Be careful though, once you start making tiles, you won’t stop!

2 Likes

On the plus side they are cheap to get, and with the laser you can make all sorts of artwork sure to take the breath away.

2 Likes

Art and creating is my therapy. Great job. Never stop.

1 Like