Engraved onto a white ceramic tile from Home Depot

Just got my Glowforge a little while ago. My husband will be using it to make his gaming models but I’m trying to create “fun” things with it when he’s not. I wanted to try different materials. I’ve worked on wood and even picked up a cutting board to engrave for my father. But with a death in the family that I can not attend a funeral- I wanted to try making a little something for relatives to have- maybe put in their garden? I think I have a long way to go but I’m really happy that I can just think of something and give it a try. Thanks to others that posted about engraving tiles.

46 Likes

That looks like it really turned out really well!

Do you remember which posts helped the most? I have not tried this yet, but I am always learning about new ways to have fun with my :glowforge:!

5 Likes

I’m not sure but I just saw this one and thought- boy, I wish I would have seen this first. ( My first Laser tile

Beyond the Manual

settings
I’m learning as I’m going.
Might not be the best, but hopefully, relatives will like?

5 Likes

Cool. I like it when people do these on something besides a 4"x4" tile. Turned out great.

4 Likes

I really like it, I have a couple sheets of those tiles but other than one hexagonal one I have not found a plan to use them. Yours is an excellent case and it looks like a whole sheet of them could be spread across a family.

2 Likes

That’s what I have done. They are small - but I figured I didn’t want anything garish. And the photo I had to work from was really low resolution and beat up.

2 Likes

That turned out lovely! And I am sorry for your loss.

3 Likes

Very nice. I’ve never actually seen those tiles at HD. How big are they?

Welcome to the forum. You did a nice job centering the photo.

1 Like

So beautiful!!

1 Like

I found them at Lowes, about 18"square but many on a square. A number of different designs as well,

1 Like

4.5 wide x 5.25 high

1 Like

Thank you.

Thanks.

Thank you

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Anatolia-Tile-Hudson-Brilliant-White-12-in-x-12-in-Glossy-Porcelain-Lantern-Mosaic-Wall-Tile/1001038754

2 Likes

My mother also asked that I make something that she could wear that said “no hugs.” So, though this is rudimentary, I engraved and cut this out on some Circuit sample paper- Faux Suede. I’ll have to figure out a pin or something?

3 Likes

magnets?

very nicely done. I know you have to be very pleased with the result!

and so sorry for your loss. this COVID thing has made life and death quite tough.

2 Likes

The tile is beautiful, and will make a nice keepsake for family…I’m sorry for your loss, and hope that making art with that focus was helpful.

1 Like