Engraved

Hello everyone, I wanted to know if the GLOWFORGE pro can engrave on stainless steel? For example, like this recognition plaque?

No, engraving metal of any sort is not possible with your GF. However, it can mark various metals with the use of various marking sprays (or even brake cleaner). Try searching the forum for heaps of info and examples.

6 Likes

Or a two-tone acrylic that looks like brushed steel.

8 Likes

Thanks a lot! I’ll search the forum for what you tell me to see if I can find examples… :pray:t4::smiling_face:

Good option, thanks! :pray:t4::smiling_face:

and to be clear - no 40w CO2 laser can engrave metal, you need upwards of 150w to even get close.

5 Likes

Thank you so much! :pray:t4:

Check out #11 for a bit more context and thorough ecsnation:

2 Likes

FWIW - your example photo doesn’t look engraved. It looks like either marking spray, which you CAN do with your GF, or direct print.

6 Likes

Although it’s expensive, Cermark works perfectly for me.

1 Like

Hello,

Could you explain to me more about that type of process you mention? And with that I could use the glowforge?

What is Cermark? :open_mouth:

It’s a marking agent. I buy it in a can and spray it on. I’m sure if you look on Amazon they have it. The laser reacts with it and it’s permanent.

2 Likes

Cermark when lasered deposits an oxide layer that only mechanical abrasion will remove, it’s very durable.

3 Likes

Wow, I will try that! thanks :blush:

Thank you so Much! Definitely I will buy this can! :joy:

I think everyone else has covered marking sprays pretty thoroughly at this point :slight_smile:

(Direct print is not something for GF to do)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 29 days. New replies are no longer allowed.