Engraving a Hammer

I don’t notice any real difference with an engrave. But it makes a huge difference with a cut. Often the difference between cutting through the material and not. Especially the Proofgrade since their settings are intended to just barely cut through.

1 Like

That’s a good idea.

I use the shims you can buy at Home Depot. They’re about 6" long and a couple inches wide with tapered ends. I put two under something that needs leveling by sliding one under each side to overlap and then push them together until the item is level. The tapers will create a flat surface on the top shim so the thing you’re propping up stays in place. A package of a couple of dozen is only a few $ and are okay to get lasered if you have any engraving that spreads out across the edge of the piece.

2 Likes

Same here…I use the maple settings a lot…on maple, white oak, red oak and walnut.

2 Likes

Worked great! Nice job!

2 Likes

Your hammer engrave turned out great. I am sure someone will be real proud of it. :grinning:

2 Likes

mrinken… Depending on your style of humor, perhaps an “I was Groot” comment would be funny too?

Perfect timing!. I have a bag of hammers ($2 at local Menards, on sale) that I plan on engraving! Now I just need to figure out what I am going to engrave on them. Thanks for posting on this.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.