Engraving a Inverted Paw Print

So one of my fur clients was diagnosed with a rare disease and was given only a couple of months to live at the most. So i decided to try to get a print of his paw and see if I could invert it to look realistic. Here is the before the inverted, after the inverted, and the second try at the inverted since the first one looked meh. I am very happy with the 2nd one and will be putting a poem at the bottom to give to her as a gift since he has now passed. I love you Pookie. You will be missed :’(.

pooky%20paw
20180902_000245 20180902_003357

35 Likes

Too sweet! Just lost one of mine over the weekend. 11 years of joy. Always a hole in your heart…

14 Likes

That is a really special idea. Neat memory piece to have. My vet took a plaster print of my beloved dog’s paw and I still have it.

5 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss :’(

1 Like

Yes, I’m sorry too…I hate losing one. They all have such individual personalities. :confused:

5 Likes

Oh my, it’s suddenly become quite dusty in here! Beautiful sentiment and nice project.

5 Likes

There’s a twenty-year old cat - Miss Kitty, named by my daughter - sitting on the back of the sofa engaged in a brisk nap. I may disturb her for a pre-emptive hug. Of course, that makes the OTHER five jealous…

6 Likes

haha always :). That just means they all get love :smiley:

3 Likes

Very touching. Great job. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Beautiful idea and implementation! And @bkressley, so sorry for your loss. We’ve got a 19-year old teetering on the edge and I know we will be blubbering fools when she goes.

3 Likes

I am glad they were able to do that for you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It turned out beautifully!

Thanks for sharing this. My cranky old man cat just passed away, and it has been hitting me much harder than I expected. We took paw prints and I know that I want to do some sort of memorial using the GF, but I can’t even wrap my head around it yet.

I’m bookmarking this post for inspiration once I’m ready.

4 Likes

Oh, I’m sorry…they really do get into your heart, no matter how cranky they are. :anguished:

1 Like

I am so sorry for your loss. Hopefully this will inspire you.

1 Like

I’ve now produced over 100 of the paw-print frames for my wife’s veterinary practice. The clients do really appreciate it (admittedly during a sad occasion)

4 Likes