Engraving a powder coated flask

Welcome to the forum. I think others have posted some settings for flasks. Try a quick search. I’ll see what I can find.

2 Likes

Hey @epconrad, I went ahead and moved this to the “Beyond the Manual” section as it deals with non proof grade materials. It looks pretty good to me honestly…I will go back on a post I made to see what settings I used on a similar flask

2 Likes

OK - thanks

1 Like

Haha, @dklgood I think you just beat me to moving the post. Must have been while I was typing lol

1 Like

Nope, you beat me so I edited my post. Quick fingers you have.

2 Likes

Are you certain this is powder coated aluminum rather than anodized aluminum? Here is a post that might help. *SOLVED* Help with anodized and powder coated aluminum

2 Likes

It said powder coated… but I really wouldn’t know the difference. I’m trying it again with 100 power, speed 500 and 400 lpi. 1 pass. We’ll see what happens.

1 Like

I used full power, 500 so high lpi. 2 passes. When done cleaned with winded

4 Likes

Hope the new setting worked out for you. Just in case you didn’t know, as long as you don’t move the material on the tray or the file in the GUI, you can run it again it will line up perfectly. (Even if it looks slightly off on the preview.) It makes it easier to start off conservatively and just do multiple runs if need be.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info everyone. Here is the result after I used “Barkeepers Friend” to lightly polish the surface.
I’m pleased with the shiny results.

26 Likes

fantastic result!

2 Likes

good stuff, that.

1 Like

Nice looking result!

1 Like

That turned out very nice. It’s nicely centered, did you place it free-hand on the UI, or did you position it in a tray or frame?

Oh, and WELCOME to the forum!

3 Likes

Looks incredible!

I did this awhile back, took 3 passes

5 Likes

I think this looks great! Was this with the Silver MacBook Pro setting with one pass? And then just cleaned with Barkeepers Friend? TIA!

Yep. MacBook Pro and finished with some Barkeepers friend. I’m very pleased with the result.

1 Like

Did you have to take out the crumb tray?

Yes. It was too tall with the tray in.