Engraving cylinders

Just bought my glowforge. Haven’t gotten it in the mail yet. I’m starting a new customizing business in my home, so excited to get started, BUT the Glowforge doesn’t offer the option to engrave on things like tumblers, coffee mugs, wine glasses, etc. Anyone bought a supplemental low cost laser that could accomplish this for this reason only in addition to your Glowforge? I’m looking at the Xtool D1 and rotary specifically to have as an option to engrave this sort of thing.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Only if the thickness is less than 2" which is not what a Glowforge is for, which does not include much. Those engraving mugs etc are designed to only engrave or some will do everything for ten times the price.

As you can see here not engraving mugs is not all that limiting of what is possible.

One can cut cylinders but you have to cut them while flat and bend them afterwards…

4 Likes

Yeah, totally excited to use this machine! I’m just wondering if anyone has bought a second laser that DOES have the capability to engrave on things like mugs, tumblers, glasses, etc. A less expensive one specifically for the purpose of THAT. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.