Engraving Metal Plates

Hello Everyone. I work at an art store / custom frame shop and my employer recently purchase a Glowforge. We have laser engravable aluminum plate materials that were purchase through BF Plastics, Inc and a plate shear to make our own engraved plates when needed. I’m wondering if anyone has any experience with this material and could advise me on the appropriate settings.

Thank you!!

Welcome to the forum.
The Gowforge does a nice job engraving anodized aluminum. There are lots of posts about this here in the forum. Search results for 'aluminum' - Glowforge Owners Forum

Once you start using the Glowforge you may have lots more questions. There are lots of helpful people here in the forum, so don’t hesitate to ask for help.

4 Likes

This question is outside our team’s scope. I’ve moved it to the Beyond the Manual so the discussion can continue there.

2 Likes

Thank you, I’ll try that. Aluminum was the one word I didn’t try to search.

2 Likes

BF Plastics gives recommendations for at 35W laser on their products

Recommended laser settings: Speed ~ 100 Power ~ 80 (35 watt laser)

That makes a good starting point for your Glowforge.

https://www.bfplasticsinc.com/pc_product_detail.asp?key=DBA6CEF641084419ABECD8B58F8613D6

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.