Engraving my jeans

im loving

the way these jeans came out.

33 Likes

Wow…those look great. :blush:

1 Like

Would you mind sharing your settings for engraving on denim?

1 Like

We can’t discuss non-PG settings except over in the Beyond the Manual section. You might actually find some already posted, though, if you do a search there. :slight_smile:

You can always ask in a private message too. That way the thread doesn’t get flagged or moved.

And, yes, that does look amazing. I never even considered trying to engrave on jeans!

1 Like

I can get back to you privately on the settings. Im not near my glowforge right now. These jeans are thick i played with settings to get it just right.

2 Likes

I view the search for the settings like a treasure hunt. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Do you have a technique for actually getting the jeans into the machine flat, in the right place and not in the way of the laser.

Every time I try I either can’t get them in the bed, something gets caught on the head and it all gets moved, or it won’t stay flat or…

1 Like

Sorry about asking for the settings here. Yes please get back to me privately. I realize all denim has varying thicknesses and I would have to play with the settings too but I just wanted a starting point.

How do they look after a wash? I did some experiments with fabric long ago and wasn’t able to achieve stable results.

3 Likes

check this site out. She has some great glowforge tutorials with settings.

6 Likes

check out this site this is a great glowforge tutorial.

2 Likes

I washed these 2 times good so far but I did hear it can break down over time. These jeans are on the heavy side I can see how thinner jeans could be a problem.

3 Likes

Your jeans are great.

1 Like

Very, veyr cool. I’m continually impressed both by what the Glowforge can do, and by so many different things people in this community envision and create.

Keep up the great work!

5 Likes

That is really cool. I can see my kids wanting custom engraved jeans now…

I will have to try this out!!

Did you have the jeans hanging out of the lid like the post said? Did you have any issues with it thinking the lid was open?

1 Like

The link she posted suggests just letting the lid close on the jeans and they just hang out of the machine. I will have to try this on some old jeans to see how well it can work.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. I appreciate you sending me that info!

1 Like

yup i hung the jeans out and closed the lid I didn’t think it was going to work but it did.

1 Like

Thank you for this! Now I really want to try it.