Engraving Problem

I have found vectors better even for engrave and generally easier but I am using Inkscape. If your design is already vectors I separate out the part that contains the outside and use break apart then copy and hide that outside line and then use combine to put them back together. Then I hide that and unhide the copied bit and change the colors. That way when loaded I can engrave most and then cut the outside.

I pretty much just do variable engraves in rasters. Vector engraves have much sharper edges as the raster will have a few edge pixels of intermediate grading while the vector will not.

As for extraneous lines a thicker edge can make them obvious, and node mode will let you just dump that one line.

2 Likes

If you tried inkscape I think that would be an easy fix. Just select the nodes tool and highlight all the nodes in that line then delete them. Assuming of course you made it into a SVG first.

Thanks so much for offering to do that for me. I won’t trouble you though. Again thanks so much. And yes I’m buying them. Seeing as I can’t figure it out I’ll just avoid that seller from now on.

I have mine set to 800 but when I imported it into Gf it wouldn’t even let me engrave it. So that stopped me in my tracks.

Thanks for explaining all of that. I’ve been trying and so far have come up empty on correcting the problem. But I’m so glad all you guys were so willing to help out like this. Thanks for your expertise.

1 Like

Inkscape usually runs really slow on my macpro but I’ll give it a shot. Hopefully I’ll have some better luck this time. Just can’t believe I ran into a file like this.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.