Engraving Smelly Foods (sushi and eggs)

When I got in my new GF I spent some time playing around with food. Results from engraving on salmon sushi (which was much better then tuna), and a hard boiled egg.

The smell wasn’t an issue. I have always cleaned the bed of my GF with a mr. clean magic eraser and it was a happy accident that I discovered they make scented ones now.

31 Likes

Did you taste the results? Any changes? I love the sushi pix.

4 Likes

They were really good! It had a little bit more of a very slight burnt taste, but not in a bad way.

4 Likes

Problem being, even if it is totally epic, it has to be eaten.

Small price to pay for greatness, heh. Looks like fun.

3 Likes

It certainly was eaten and still good :slight_smile: The GF was food only for a while.

2 Likes

Brilliant :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s fun. I wish I had though to do this when mine was new!

2 Likes

These are really cool!

2 Likes

From the early days of Glowforge custom nori wrap

9 Likes

Fun!

1 Like

laser fried salmon skin sushi!!!

2 Likes

overcome with squeee! (which i guess means pun + cuteness)

3 Likes

:open_mouth: WOW! So you printed that template on the seaweed and then rolled?! Looks amazing.

I can’t imagine what the settings would be…maybe similar to craft paper settings I’m guessing?

Has anyone actually made a business of GFing food? (I know you have to have a dedicated separate machine.)

3 Likes

Not me. When Glowforge was getting established they made them before I even knew of Glowforge.

3 Likes

The separate machine is recommended for if you personally want to eat it. Sadly, a lot of policies still prevent letting a restaurant meet health standards if items are coming from the glowforge. I had offered to make stuff for some DC bakeries when I got my 2nd glowforge and they all said the same; that they can not sell anything made with the glowforge while still meeting health and safety standards.

3 Likes

Helpful to know

1 Like