Engraving Speed

My GF is strictly used for food products, mainly cookies. My problem is the time it takes to engrave a single cookie and I dont know if it’s the settings or the fact that a sugar cookie isn’t a PG material. There are no historical examples of food product testing so I’m in need of assistance to try to decrease my process time. Right now I’m getting 5 minutes a cookie and I’m sure the GF can engrave faster. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

What settings are you using?

You can increase speed by reducing LPI - the vertical resolution of the engrave. That may or may not give you the results you are looking for.

You could also use a vector image for designs like this, and score instead of engrave.

3 Likes

Scoring would be significantly faster than engraving. A defocused score line can be pretty wide.

2 Likes

Just wanted to say ‘Yum’. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll have to try scoring this week. I’ll follow up and let you know how it goes. Thanks!

1 Like

Another option to consider is to have multiple copies of the design in the same file, side-by-side.

If it’s taking 5 minutes to engrave one, it would likely take less than 6 minutes to do two side-by-side, etc. You would need to have careful placement, or use a jig, to line up the design.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.