Engraving with Raised Letters and engraved backgound

I created the keychain below recently. Does anyone know how to replicate this keychain I created in Silhouette. Stronger together is a logo that was provided. I need it to print with the exact way as shown in the picture. Honestly, I don’t know what I did. Im not sure what happened to my image in silhouette but now I can no longer print with raised letters

3 Likes

I think you will need to provide a little more information about what problem you are having in order for anyone to help. Are you asking for Glowforge help or Silhouette help?

3 Likes

I’ve got to run to get to work, but here are a few previous threads that might help you with getting the background to engrave but not the text. The short answer is that you need to subtract the text from the background rectangle. The long answer should be somewhere in one of these:

https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=engraved%20background%20raised%20letters

Good luck!

4 Likes

It would be super easy to do in inkscape. Do you have that program?

2 Likes

thank you so much. Ill look at them

1 Like

@beerfaced. I heard there is a free version I can use. I am willing to try anything. Are there any threads of hot to videos you suggest using.

1 Like

When i first came to the community last fall, I downloaded Inkscape-free version. I made myself use it and it does everything i need it to do to bring into the GF so i would definitely recommend it. It’s not ‘too’ hard to learn although not intuitive but there’s lots of help here. Search for Inkscape and you’ll get lots of help!! There are also some youtube videos out there that are helpful if you’re a visual person!

2 Likes

Yes it is a completely free program and if you check out “Logos by Nick” on YouTube you will find everything you need to use it.

3 Likes

The video is extremely helpful. And, I’m excited to understand what they are talking about:-)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.