Enjoying my new laser

Sharing my newest project.

https://community.glowforge.com/uploads/short-url/4kP9qRpyGSPeGg1fgVWEs5EKJeo.mp4

37 Likes

Nice Chief! Makes me think of the bow wave on my ship.
Pretty clear you’re having fun. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Very cool! It looks like a coat of arms.

1 Like

I was thinking of doing the exact same thing. Nice to see what it will look like when I get mine.

Reminds me, I’ve STILL not made myself a set of dolphins.
Nice job.

1 Like

Fellow submariner? STS1 onboard SSBN 730 Gold.

1 Like

I will be on the Helena in April for my 4th sub.

1 Like

I’m due for my next shore here in a year. I did Ohio-both BN and GN, Louisiana, Maine, and now Jackson.

1 Like

3 Likes

Yup. 654 blue, STS2 My time may well have been before you were born! Coming up on 40 years qualified next year.

3 Likes

Omigoodness! My dear dad was a radio man on a submarine in 1919!

5 Likes

Well now you are surrounded by a bunch of bubbleheads! :blush:

3 Likes

I really have noticed that the Vinn diagrams of life are strong in some things. The percentage of bubbleheads here is well above a normal representation.

1 Like

For the non-Navy vets out there, earning one’s Surface Warfare insignia is a major achievement. Judging from this post and the OP’s earlier one today, I’d say he earned both his “water wings” and his Submarine Warefare “dolphins” – a very impressive accomplishment. I’ve only known a handful of sailors that have earned both.

3 Likes

I got my fish in ‘06, 14 years in this March. So in summary, well before my time! Either way, hooyah fellow bubbleheads.

1 Like

I see your seahorse, another sonarman in this thread? We have an STS2, STS1, and I presune by your chokers an STSC?

2 Likes

I know this is a far sized forum but what are the odds?

1 Like

Thought I was a fish out of water as a SWO on a carrier, but this takes it to new depths…

3 Likes

I am only submarine qualified. However, I have served at two commands on shore duty that were primarily surface sailors and have made some good friends. I used to just focus on making and selling to the submarine community, but I am now stationed at the largest naval instillation in the world and need to broaden what I have and sell.

2 Likes

That’s funny…I’ve never heard that term before. Soooo…my dad was a bubblehead!

2 Likes