Entire laser head horizontal arm is 'bucking' or skipping

This topic seems really close to my problem. Thumping sound, possible belt or pulley issue. But my belts aren’t loose or damaged.

I addressed this a week ago, above.

There is no play at all in my gantry. You can only lift it if you overcome the spring tension on the lower wheels, just like with the rear wheels on the carriage plate. Otherwise, it is solid.

It doesn’t take much pressure to rock each side forwards and backwards with the power off, so it can be easily “twisted”, but the belts and stepper motors move in unison and when powered on, it is held solid (unless commanded to move, of course.) There is no play at all there.

In case you didn’t notice, a support team member (@chelsea) asked you for some information above. The sooner you reply to her the sooner they can troubleshoot your issue for you and find the cause. :slight_smile:

Since it’s been a while since we’ve heard from you, I’m going to close this post.

If you are still having trouble, please start a new post with the information I requested above or email it to us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll continue to investigate.