Epic Mailbox!

Earlier this year, my sister and her husband had their house repainted. I suggested that they get a new mailbox instead of putting the old, black plastic one they had back up. My sister said she would have to look for something interesting to replace it. I took it upon myself to make them one!

I had wanted to make something with interchangeable inserts for a while, but I couldn’t think of anything that was functional to make that would be worthy of the effort of designing a bunch of inserts. Until this project came up…

I started with the four seasons.

Then I moved on to the major holidays.

The inserts are held in place with 6mm magnets. There are 13 inserts in total. I have orders for two more mailboxes. I am working on designing monogram inserts as options to go with the seasons and holidays.

87 Likes

Your sister is lucky to have you stylin’ her mailbox. These are fun inserts.

7 Likes

These are adorable!!

4 Likes

That is such a neat idea and very colorful too.

5 Likes

That’s a cool idea

5 Likes

Very cool! There are endless possibilities with this fabulous design!

4 Likes

Very nice! Bet your sister loves it!

4 Likes

LOVE IT! And so cool that you got more orders from it.

(Now, quit makin’ my eye twitch and make a matching sign for her ‘newspapers…’ bit taped under that art work of a mailbox!)

10 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

So it seems! I’ve got requests for dog breeds, Welcome signs and… Wait for it…

Sasquatches!

I’m so making some of those!

5 Likes

LOL. That is a very good idea. I’m on it!

2 Likes

@yemallaarcanum OMG I would love to see your Sasquatch one!

3 Likes

What is not to love here! I love having easy seasonal changes for the home!!

6 Likes

What a great idea! I wish we had mailboxes on our homes again. All we have in our area is the big boxes down on the street. Ours is so far away we can’t even see it, and no way I would put a decorative one there - it’d be stolen in a heartbeat! I love yours!

7 Likes

I live in an apartment, so I can’t have one either. Another customer who loved the mailboxes, but is in the same situation as you, requested something for her door that incorporates the same inserts. So, that is in the works right now! I will post it when it’s done.

5 Likes

Soon! I’m hoping to get them cut out today.

2 Likes

Oh, that’s exciting! Can’t wait to see them. What cool ideas you have.

2 Likes

Don’t forget the “Okay, enough already!” one…

(And maybe an “I didn’t order this much snow!”)

2 Likes

Great concept!!

1 Like

If it’s not approved by the Postmaster General, I don’t think the mailman/woman is supposed to put your mail in it… are they actually delivering mail to the box?

1 Like