Epoxy Resin Map of Exandria (Tal'dorei and Wildemount) from Critical Role

Happy Friday? I’ve lost track of time…days…weeks…month? What even is 2020 any more…am I right?

ANY WAYS. This is Exandria from Critical Role - A Dungeon and Dragons series.
This map is about 20 x 30 inches. I have a Glowforge Basic so I had to get really creative with puzzle piecing cut lines. I’m super happy with how it turned out.

After seeing an amazing recreation of Eastern Exandria by u/west8777 on Reddit we needed to make one for ourselves. Check out his work at the link here: https://www.reddit.com/…/no_spoilers_map_of_eastern_exandr…/

We made a video on this because it was the largest map we have made to date. It was the biggest resin pour I have done as well. Overall, I am super happy with it. It’s very difficult to get a good photo of it because it is so shiny!

Head over to https://whengeekscraft.com for more of what we do!
Nicole and Thure (@whengeekscraft) • Instagram photos and videos
When Geeks Craft

Have a beautiful weekend!
Nicole C
When Geeks Craft

60 Likes

I don’t know the game, but I love maps and that one is just beautiful. Great work.

4 Likes

Looks amazing

2 Likes

Another very nice piece.

2 Likes

That is fantastic!!! I am sure Matt and the others would love to see this as well!

6 Likes

Absolutely stunning.

2 Likes

I would love for them to see it! I tagged them on the internets so maybe they will see it one day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another Amazing Map!

2 Likes

It’s beautiful!

2 Likes

Absolutely beautiful and amazing!

1 Like

Incorporating colored resin into your map is a brilliant idea.
I think it looks marvelous.

2 Likes

Absolutely beautiful! Love the resin!!!

2 Likes

The water on that is just mesmerizing!

1 Like

Everything y’all make is amazing!

1 Like

hey thanks! we try. we really do lol

1 Like

thats why i love using resin. it adds such a cool effect. I used to paint water on with acrylic paints but this is SOOOOO MUCH BETTER

2 Likes

sameeeee

i think it make its pop way more than if i left it empty or painted it. When i finally thought to make resin oceans i was like “DUH why have i not been doing this the whole time?!”

1 Like

I just showed this to my wife, Deven Rue, who is the official Cartographer for Critical Role and she loved it! Nice work with the resin and multi layering, it must have a great look to it in person!

5 Likes

Ohh… My…god…that is so amazing. I mean she is so amazing…I mean…holy crap. What a job!! Official cartographer for critical role. I’m so happy. Thanks for sharing and taking the time to brighten my day! It does look awesome in person. It also weighs like 15 pounds lol

3 Likes