Error message during upload

An error occurred on your Glowforge. Please refresh your browser before printing. It may also help to turn your Glowforge off and then on again.

I have shut the computer off and the Glowforge several times. The image I am trying to load is a SVG I created on Inkscape from a photo. The message appears during the uploading, so it never gets to the point where I enter materials. I am using Google Chrome. I have created numerous files in Inkscape and have gotten this message a few times in the past, but once I shut down and turn everything back on it has always loaded in the past - until this file. Is it the file or the Glowforge causing this issue? If it’s the file, what do I need to change?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Sounds to me most likely the file. If you’d care to upload it here, we who hang out here a lot would be glad to check it out for you.

3 Likes

When you are saving it are you saving it as a Plain SVG?

2 Likes

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear about the trouble @cpaczosa123.

Could you tell me a bit more about the trouble you’re having?

For example:

• What area of the website do you get to when you’re having this trouble?
  • What are you trying to do when you run into this trouble?
  • If this is something you’re seeing when working on a design, does it happen with all designs?
  • If it happens with a particular design, please include a copy of it in your response.
  • Could you try with a design from our catalog (the Gift of Good measure should be available by default) and let me know if you have the same experience?
  • Any other detail you’d like to share

There’s also a couple just general housekeeping items I’d like to suggest to see if they help:
  • Disable any anti-virus, ad blocking, or pop up blocking software and try again
  • Try a different browser
  • Clear your browser’s cache and cookies and try again.

Let me know how it goes!

I can’t access my system until Monday. I had to leave town unexpectedly and will be home later on Sunday. I will log into Glowforge and answer everyone’s questions and send you a copy of that file when I get the chance.

But thank you for all your responses - I truly appreciate any help I can get.

Camille

Thank you for updating us @cpaczosa123.

Please take as much time as you need! Once we have that information, we’ll take a deeper look into the trouble and follow up with the next steps.

Hi there, I am finally getting back to you. It may not have been a Glowforge issue, but we’re not sure. After I left the message my 3 month old computer completely shut down on us. We took it back and we were issued a full refund, but all the svg files I saved since November were lost and unrecoverable, which included the one I was trying to to work with when I sent the initial message.

Now I have a completely new problem. Although most of the files I made can be duplicated without too much effort, there are 2 that I logged a lot of hours on and they were destroyed. The only version of them I can find are in my Glowforge designs. Is there any way to recover them and put them in my inkscape files? I would like to be able to make changes to the files in the future.

Thanks for any help with this.

Regards,
Camille

Try the three dots then export.

This will strip anything that is purchased from glowforge but should get you back anything you put in.

1 Like

In addition to exporting your designs, I believe you also have the premium subscription which gives you access to past prints. If you have printed different versions of the files you have lost, you can recover them by clicking the three dots and selecting past prints.

We’ve recently announced that we’re switching the “Problems & Support” section of our forum to “Community Support” and our team will no longer be monitoring threads in this section.

It looks like you’re receiving some excellent advice from other community members, so I’ll leave this topic open. If the advice that has been shared doesn’t solve the issue, or if you’d like to connect with our support staff at Glowforge, please email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.