Escape Room in a Book Nook!

Presenting “A Brush Stroke with Danger” - a book nook which is also a fully-fledged escape room!

The main framework for the book nook was designed in the brilliant SVG creator, Cuttle. The furniture was also made in cuttle, and I utilised every spare inch so that this all fits onto one board.

It measures 13 x 13 x 18cm, and has three main panels, which click together, and a ceiling frame which holds everything in place.

The patterns on the table below (which yes, form a puzzle), were created using the score setting, and I’m delighted with how crisp they came out.

For this version, I made the larger frames from paper, but if you look at the Van Gogh self portrait, that has a wooden frame, and I’m sorely tempted to make the larger frames from wood rather than paper.

This is all for a future Kickstarter, launching in Spring 2023. If you are interested, I’d love to have you follow the project! Here is the link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1666104729/escape-the-book-nook?ref=ehle69

If you have any questions, I’d love to answer them!

37 Likes

Very interesting. Good luck with your Kickstarter.

6 Likes

So you are writing a murder mystery book that comes with a book nook and clues?

1 Like

Thank you!

No, it is a book nook kit, where you build the nook, then solve the clues. There are four questions that need answering, and all the answers combine elements of the room itself to solve it.

4 Likes

Oh, how fun! Nice details in there.

4 Likes

Awesome project, can’t wait to see the final version. Good luck in the kick-start!

3 Likes

Looks great

2 Likes

Waiting for the launch :blush:

2 Likes

One of my clients has me making frames for her miniatures with 1/16" acrylics, or for the wood, I put two layers of veneer together with a 3M backing. That might help if you want wood but scaled proportions.

Also, what is the calendar supposed to say? My husband and I are scratching our heads on that one.

3 Likes

I love it!!! All the detail, but also the story telling that comes with considering how each out of place piece got that way…awesome job!

2 Likes

Oooh, well, you will have to play to find out (also, you need another item to solve it!)

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Haha, I guess it was on purpose then! Was going to say close, but no cigar on that Japanese.

2 Likes

Thank you!