Etched tablet

Mine’s always done it too, (since the engravings on the curved surface of the eggshells) it’s just not officially considered complete yet.

I guess when they load the templates for ipods and iphones it will be.

5 Likes

Very nice! Love the burl, great looking layout. Thanks for the pic!

1 Like

Awesome! A not-so-plain addition to your plane :slight_smile:

6 Likes

keep us updated, I have a gpd pocket as well.

:slight_smile: I carry mine all the time now. Gotta remind myself to do the etch - I’ve been in the middle of a project for my wife that took way too long to get the design & GFUI working together correctly.

Seriously impressive. I mean, the design is awesome, but the meaning that goes along with it! <3

1 Like

This looks great. Do you mind sharing the settings you used? My son wants to etch his iphone…

I found that in general when etching aluminum that somewhat lower power makes just as high contrast a mark but with more detail. I would start with a test like I did that would not be too noticeable if you are not happy with the results. I suggest max speed and 30% power as a starting point. Do place the device as directly under the camera as possible. Also be sure to get an accurate measurement of the device thickness and enter it into the “use uncertified material”. This will give you the most accurate engrave placement.

Another item of note, my image was black and white. If you are etching a grayscale image the settings may/will be different.

All this is just based on my limited experience. Please run your own tests before committing.

2 Likes