“Every Story Matters” acrylic and wood sign

Here’s my “Every Story Matters” sign completed. It’s about 16” x 5”. The words are made of a back layer of medium red Proofgrade acrylic with another layer of mirrored acrylic for the word “Story” from Inventables.

I then glued the set of words to a layer of medium clear Proofgrade acrylic with the opposite corners rounded to give it some character. I also cut holes for the stand off screws.

The back layer is thick Proofgrade walnut with the same corners rounded to match and 4 circles engraved where I glued the screws into the walnut rather than cutting holes and using screws/nuts. I used Lock Tite glue and they are extremely solid.

Since this is the mission statement of my church, I engraved the church logo into the upper right area to subtly balance it out.

Finally, I cut some simple stands out of thick Proofgrade clear acrylic.

Now that I’ve done a few like this, I have a good process down, so I can make more in this style fairly quickly (I think)…

I love how this came out. It’s my favorite project to date.

71 Likes

That is stunning! Love the mirrored acrylic - it just jumps out! :grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you! And I like to think that the person who you see in the mirror of that word is the person whose story matters - so the use of the mirrored acrylic is meaningful as well as pretty.

9 Likes

Love this even more now!!! Beautifully made.

6 Likes

and once again, love the Oklahoma placed somewhere in the photos!

2 Likes

Gorgeous. Well done.

2 Likes

So thoughtfully designed, and the implementation is perfect. It’s a beautiful piece!

3 Likes

Striking sign. You did well. I hope it will inspire people to tell their story.

2 Likes

All the materials make it really pop!

2 Likes

This thing is beautiful! Everything about it is just so well done!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! That means a lot to me!

2 Likes

Really nice! I like the layering technique.

3 Likes

Wow! Wonderful design! The mixed materials really make it, and the engrave accent… Every thing about it fits so well, and the symbolism of the mirror. Just wow!

2 Likes

Where did you purchase those mounting pins, really love the aesthetic.

Very well done.

1 Like

Uh oh. Some of my parishioners follow the forum and once they see this, I’ll definitely have to make something like it. Stunning!

3 Likes

Thanks! I got them on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YBNI658/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Thank you so much! Turnabout is fair play because so many of you have made things that have forced their way into my schedule as well. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ok, so I see how the acrylic attaches to the standoffs, but how do they attach to the wood backing? I don’t see another screw hole

1 Like

Right! I didn’t want to put screws through the back, so…

2 Likes