Everyone's Best Friend - Dogs

I love my dogs, but some days they make it hard to be productive!

25 Likes

Haha. Him indoors took this picture and Flinty always looks at him like that. He’s a working gundog (well, semi-retired now). When he’s around Bren (Oh no I’ve finally let his name slip) He is always looking at him for the next command, or to see if he’s going to wander in the direction of the gun cabinet.

6 Likes

Our newly adopted golden who seems to be adjusting well

And my old greyhound who has no idea what size she is. She also thinks she’s a lapdog.

27 Likes

We were going out the fields in the pouring rain today. My girl Phoebe was trying to smell what was waiting for her out there. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

I had to say goodbye to Budders on saturday. He came with me everywhere. He was by my side at home, at school, and at work nearly every day for the last thirteen and a half years. I keep looking for him under the desk, in the backseat, on the couch, but he’s not there. He’s gone. I don’t know how to deal with this.

23 Likes

Oh wow, I’m sorry Jesse. (There isn’t any good way to deal with it now…you just survive it one day at a time.) :cry:

4 Likes

sorry to hear that, jbv. we’re getting close to that time in my house, too, and it’s going to be a crushing blow when it does happen. we have a giant breed (mastiff/bloodhound) who just passed 10 yrs old and is beginning to have health issues. mine sends his condolences.

10 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss my friend. The only way to deal with it is what Jules says, one day at a time… and, as time goes by, find a new best friend. No one can replace him, but is a new adventure. :dog:

6 Likes

I am so sorry! What a a handsome fellow. You’ve shared a few photos of him, and he seemed like an all around GOOD dog. It’s heartbreaking to lose a friend like that.

This was my best dog ever. When she passed, it broke my heart into a million pieces. It’s 20 years later, and I still wake up some mornings, expecting to see her face pop up beside my bed:

This was her daughter Willow, who was my daughter’s best friend until she (Willow) passed away at 13+:

They leave a crater sized hole in your heart when they go, but I think it’s worth it for all that they give while they’re here. :revolving_hearts:

9 Likes

Sorry, Jesse – :cry: He may not be by your side, but he’ll remain in your heart and your memories forever. Pace.

5 Likes

So sorry to hear that, Jesse.

4 Likes

So sorry to hear that you’ve lost Budders. It’s something you never quite get over - these furry ones get a firm hold of our hearts.

3 Likes

My heart goes out to you… It is amazing how our dogs can become a part of our lives and our hearts, until they are no longer with us and we discover how much they really were. :broken_heart:

5 Likes

So I just now found this thread - amazing what pops up under “Latest”!

I have two pooch pics to post: my first dog Bert (with silly drawn on eyebrows) and my current pup Toby (well, he’s actually 4ish but acts like a pup). Guess I have a thing for Labs. . .

Bert

Toby

7 Likes

I’m so sorry. It’s very difficult to lose a close member of your family, which he was. Try to remember the good times. I’m sure you made his passing as comfortable as possible, and that’s a good thing.

5 Likes

Jesse, I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Time helps, but there will always be a place in your heart for Budders. It’s been five years since I said good-bye to my favorite dog and even reading your note brought her right back to me. Due to family reasons I’ve not been able to replace her, which I think has made my memory of her even stronger.

You can never replace Budders, but I hope you are able to find a new friend in the near future.

5 Likes

Remembering Ondra Bleue…

12 Likes

That the made me laugh and I might have peed a Little! HA!

5 Likes

Poor mom still doesn’t have those dogs completely housebroken. (Bless her heart, she tries, but she just can’t discipline them.)

4 Likes

I’m so sorry, that never gets easier. Hope you find solace and maybe a new furry companion soon. My heart aches at the thought of having to deal with this someday with my buddy boy.

3 Likes