Exhausting Outside Question

Hello Everyone,

I’m sorry if this question has already been answered but I couldn’t find anything. I just bought a GF Plus and it will arrive in about a month. I would like to vent it out the window but the window leads directly to my tenant’s walkway. Will the smell outside be noticeable? If so, is there anything I can do to pre-filter it before it goes outside, without paying $1,000.00?

Any help on this topic would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 Like

Yes.

Maybe not sometimes when the wind is up or you’re doing a light engrave, but if you’re cutting wood or acrylic or doing a deeper engrave it’ll definitely be noticeable.

@dwardio had some success by routing the exhaust up.

3 Likes

This - even if you don’t go all the way up to your roofline, going just a few feet up can make a world of difference.

1 Like

Thanks! I will look into this!

2 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Answer is ‘you betcha’, especially with the stinky resources.
More going on than smell. Noise is a concern as well.
Acoustics is an entire rabbit hole discussion of it’s own, but there will be a shrill audio when the machine is active.
Standing next to it isn’t bad. Less than a vacuum, plus it diminishes rather fast as you move away.
That said, there is one spot, at the start of a curve a little over 100 feet away and at a 90 degree vector from the exhaust, where if on foot you can hear the machine running very well. Not a clue as to why, but the Wife noticed it once while talking to a neighbor and I verified it is like standing about 10 feet away.
Like I said, acoustics is a thing.
All can be ignored if you have a schedule like mine. I do a majority of my work between midnight and morning. Retirement can be like that.

1 Like

If you turn off the internal fan and pick up an external one the shrill noise goes away! You still get the singing motors, but not the high pitched whine.

2 Likes

Me like singing motor more than quiet motor. :smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.