Experience with shipping on basic

Random question but how fast did you get your unit if you ordered the basic? I know it’s not guaranteed but just wanted to see what the time frame was for others in 2020.

Are you referring to just the shipping part or the entire wait process, from clicking purchase until you have the machine?

For some of us in the preorder the wait was over three years, especially international customers. Obviously that’s not the case anymore, but the time from purchase to machine in hand is variable depending on supply and shipping specifics, even which day of the week your order is set to ship will matter. It’s really hard to give you any concrete advice.

2 Likes

What does the estimated ship date say on your account?

To the best of my knowledge, that appears as soon as your order is confirmed, and shouldn’t vary from that by much. Actual time-in-transit depends where you are located. Probably longer if you’re in Australia than in Central US where they are shipped from.

2 Likes

I had mine in about a week from when I ordered, although the shipping estimate said three weeks. But a friend of mine ordered one and took about 6 weeks. Both basics, I think it just depends on how many they have.

2 Likes

It says March 19 so still another 2 weeks and half to go. I’m trying to convince my friend to get one as well because it would help her business out! She unfortunately came across the bad reviews with the shipping process and is skeptical about ordering.

We’re both in different parts of Texas

1 Like

Whatever you do, be sure to give that friend your referral code. Win-win, you guys both come out ahead.

2 Likes

No worries! I was just curious.

1 Like

Omg I forgot about the referral code that will give her the discount! Thanks!

1 Like

Also, say your friend doesn’t buy one now. You can torture her with examples of what you’re making, she’ll eventually cave.

5 Likes

Should be as soon as one is available, they build them in batches alternating in the various types. Once built it would be less than three business days, possibly overnight. Well worth the wait, even months, but you won’t have that. :grin:

1 Like

She’s so talented and has much more experience in things like this than I do! If I lived closer I would just let her use my machine. She definitely would create some amazing things.

2 Likes

I also just ordered a GF machine, with estimated shipping on March 16th. Do they send you the tracking details or any updates? It can be scary just sitting here in the dark waiting on it to arrive.

1 Like

They don’t ship from headquarters, so they often get the shipping info late.

Your best bet is to sign up with both FedEx and UPS’ apps - those will notify you as soon as something is scheduled to your address

Updates - No. Or not that I have ever heard of.
Tracking Details - Eventually, hopefully before it arrives. As deirdrebeth said, sign up with FedEx and UPS and they’ll send you notification of anything being sent to your house.

1 Like

Unless you are a;ready familiar with a vector and a raster design program I would DL Inkscape and Gimp and dig deep into how they work and what they do, and by the time the Glowforge arrives you will think it had been just a day or two.

2 Likes

Yeah ive been doing that already. Thanks for the info everyone!

2 Likes

When did you end up getting your glowforge? I just bought one last week and the estamated delivery date is April 4th. Im also in Texas.

2 Likes

March 14th. It was scheduled to come on the 19th, so it only took it about 16 days. Definitely sign up for FedEx alerts because I didn’t receive a tracking number or update from GlowForge until after I got my machine. FedEx alerted me as soon as a shipping label was created.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.