Experimenting with Pop-up Evergreen Tree

Been playing around with creating a pop-up Christmas card. Maybe ya’all can learn from this or edjakate me a bit. The .zip has the .svg. The picture on the bottom is just a .png to look at here. Red is score (at 500/15 for my .01" cardstock) and black is cut (500/30 and 2 passes). For the final version, I’ll mask the side facing down in the laser bed and make that the viewable part as the side facing up looks a bit dark. Masking could help there, too, I suppose. Or different settings. More experimentation to come.

TreeCard
christmastreecard.zip (2.7 KB)

48 Likes

Get this down and oh the places you can go.

There is some kind of inspiration here at least once a day. Today it hit early.

12 Likes

Some other notes:

• The distance from the bottom of the tree to the bottom of the card needs to be at least the same as the height of the tree. Placing it a bit further back would allow for a smaller “card.” Shoulda done half-way through the tree for the middle score line, not half-way through the tree+supports.
  • The measurement of the support should be the distance from the center to the bottom of the tree.
  • Final version will have decorative cutouts in the tree.
9 Likes

Sweet. I love making pop-up cards with my Silhouette. People have some amazing designs out there. Thanks for sharing the process.

5 Likes

Very nice! I love pop-up cards. :grinning:

5 Likes

I need to get some card stock now… Nice!

4 Likes

Fantastic! Thank you for the gift to the community.

5 Likes