Explain Your Forum Avatar

Oh man, those are some fabulous photos! Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

I had to look up anechoic–now it makes sense!

Like those first and second blobs! (You need to rename your photos. Chuckle!)

1 Like

In our case anechoic has nothing to do with sound. The inside is free from electronic signals getting in from the outside (or reflecting) and free from signals getting out. You can assume why.

3 Likes

EA-6B Prowler, powered by 2 P&W J-52’s. Did a lot of hot section inspections on those engines in AIMD. Those were our squadron, VAQ 137- Rooks. Home base NAS Whidbey. I never saw those back there, wouldn’t have been able to recognize the bird though because the tail radome isn’t visible. I wager you know what an RLQ-92 is… :zipper_mouth:
The FA-18 must be a “growler” if you were working on it. :sunglasses:
Grumman knows how to build an airframe! Never saw a machine take a beating like a carrier bird.

5 Likes

The logo for my “company” (i.e., the name I use to sell stuff through Print on Demand sites) Studio Fibonacci. It’s a golden spiral; a spiral whose growth factor is φ, the golden ratio. The Fibonacci sequence is: 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, … if a Fibonacci number is divided by its immediate predecessor in the sequence, the quotient approximates φ.

And, no, I was not inspired by The DaVinci Code. :angry:

13 Likes

I even remember their (prowler, not the Rooks) NSFW nickname… :innocent:

1 Like

I am such a :nerd:, I liked your post. :slight_smile: - Rich

2 Likes

Well, today it’s a new Avatar for me. Took an existing picture of myself, ran it through an Avatar generator and now I’m generic :astonished:

Edit: I’m assuming it will change soon, but I still see my picture on this post. Had to refresh my browser (Ctrl+F5) to see my new Avatar on my posts.

7 Likes

It’s just me. :wink:

7 Likes

Your posts would get a lot more likes if you cut Dan’s picture and pasted it as your Avatar. Conversely you might get a bunch of negative replies now an then.

15 Likes

I believe Dan’s likeness is now a registered trademark of Glowforge, Inc… :slight_smile:

9 Likes

LOL

I’m not sure I’m up for that many posts, positive and negative. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Don’t know why, but it always bothered me when a bad news Announcement came out and Dan’s Avatar showed his big smiley face. You would think it wouldn’t since I am very poor at judging emotions from a face. And my smile and frown are kind of indistinguishable.

10 Likes

Oh, I’m right there with you. Sometimes I just think of myself as being emotionally deficient :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Lol…yes, he should change it for the anouncment plus a few days to a proper frown :slight_smile:

11 Likes

That is diabolical! ROFL! :imp:

8 Likes

@rpegg I think you two are just trying to get me in trouble with Dan :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Oh! Think of the fun we could have at the next Announcement if we all did it!

(Oh man, I’ve got to go do something useful…my inner imp is going to pop out to play if i don’t get busy!)

8 Likes

ROTFLOL :grin:

As long as we’re talking about messing with images.

10 Likes