Extreme laser paper cutting

Prepare to have your mind blown. :slight_smile:

22 Likes

The determination it must take to build one of these, impressive. So many layers. Layered paper stuff like this isn’t so much a mystery as to how they did it, more a mystery as to how they stayed focused enough to pull it off.

11 Likes

:heart_eyes: :star_struck:

4 Likes

:jawdrop:

I did some fancy paper way back at the beginning, but I have never revisited it. That Instagram feed is giving me feels

5 Likes

Wow. This vase grabbed me. The graceful, merging curves - and the vacancy that invites the imagination to participate. :sunglasses:

15 Likes

That’s really gorgeous stuff. I like the curved pieces the best.

6 Likes

limits of possibilities in collage and construction,

And I was thinking 5 layers were a reach!
:exploding_head: :heart_eyes:
Imagining a ring of paper dolls…

5 Likes

“200 hours for assembly alone”. That’s some dedication.

11 Likes

Instagram is how I found them!

3 Likes

Whooof! :star_struck:

5 Likes

I don’t even have the patience to read everything there, let alone make one. But I would bet that the paper is done with a vinyl cutter rather than a laser. The veneer might be laser though. But a good cutter will be able to cut veneer as well.

Combine that tool with a slicer ala 3D printing and I can see this being tedious as hell, but still doable.

6 Likes

The secret of much unbelievable stuff.
:slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Wow, just wow ! Amazing!

2 Likes

Picking up my jaw from the floor
Damn… just amazing.

2 Likes

It’s hard to imagine how much paper it would take to make those.

1 Like

Before there were 3D plastic printers there were cutters that did layers of paper that way gluing each layer automatically. I don’t recall any being that tall but it did take huge rolls of paper.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.