Fairy Doors project

Sup ya’ll,

This was my first full-on consignment job for a client. this person reached out to me to make some “Fairy Doors” and since i’m a fan of @chrispallace’s work, I went at it.
(complete inspiration from his work at @thefairydoor on Instagram go check him out)

I did reached out to him for advice and he was more than happy to help and share his experience on the doorknob making and 3d engraving.

Each one is weathered and hand painted to recreate a realistic look. I’m just gonna add a custom name badge for each door.

I honestly put so much work and time on these that I almost don’t want to give them away.

Anyway, here they are, take a look.

85 Likes

I’m also a follower of @thefairydoor although I’ve never attempted to make one. Yours are outstanding! Every bit as good as the Master’s. I’d be reluctant to let them go as well.

7 Likes

This is so awesome. Pictures are great and each one looks amazing!

4 Likes

WOW!! NIce job. Love them all

5 Likes

These are amazing. I have been eyeing fairy doors for a good while now.

4 Likes

These are beatiful! I particularly like the ones with the left to right sweeping scrollwork.

3 Likes

Thank you, I did put a lot of details on them.

Yeah I think the swirly golden one is my favorite.

Thx.

1 Like

Really gorgeous and fun!

2 Likes

Those are super fun. Awesome work.

2 Likes

I want one for my house! Very nice. Didn’t know it was a thing.

3 Likes

I pretty much love them all, but the one with the green scroll work is a real stand out. Thanks for sharing these pictures.

2 Likes

Lovely work and very intriguing.

I’ve not heard of Fairy Doors before - are they something you put in a house somewhere?

2 Likes

Haha yes, it’s a decoration element. You can put it by the baseboard or kitchen counter wall to simulate that a Fairy lives there. Or a the base of a backyard tree is also a good idea.

There are some that a hinge is incorporated to also close and open the little door.

It’s fun to have them around.

3 Likes

Um, excuse me I needed a trigger warning for how adorable these are. I had stuff to do today.

5 Likes

Haha sorry… they are cute.

I shed a tear when they picked them up yesterday…
I added names to each as a finish touch.

I used some engraved tree bark and playground wood pieces for that.

12 Likes

They’re beautiful! Love each one!

1 Like

They are all so beautiful!

2 Likes

Wow - how did you make or where did you get the food hardware?

Everything you see in there is made from cut pieces with the GF except the Door Names. Those are wood chips from a playground around my house.

The thin hardware is made with veneer, the door knobs with two pieces of draft board and grinder with a Dremel for the round shape and then a dowel as the cylinder for the door knob.

Let me know if you have more questions, I’ll be happy to share.

2 Likes