Fairy Doors

Sounds fun!

I’ll be adding a few more designs in the coming days. Post if you make em!

2 Likes

We’ve been using a mix of paint pens, markers, and acrylic. Next batch will have more layers to add depth…might do spray paint for those since they will come in separate pieces.

2 Likes

We used Acrylic paint and a Brush

Can’t Wait!

Very cool, can’t wait to try it, thanks for sharing

FairyDoorsEaster

A few more for Easter…

Red lines = Cut
Blue Lines = Score
Black solids = Engrave
Top bits are optional for adding a bit of dimension…

Full disclosure - I haven’t tried cutting these yet. Family is doing a video conferenced bake off and I’m needed for judging.

18 Likes

Oh thank you so much!

2 Likes

Thank you SO much. My kids and I have been talking about doing some projects like this to lift everyone’s spirits.

2 Likes

These are super cute,
I made a bunch for activities a while back, you can still get the SVG on my blog if you’re looking for decorations and inspiration. I painted my parts before cutting which is easier for multiples but your way looks like it occupies more child time :slight_smile:

13 Likes

So cool. Thank you for sharing

1 Like

Another great addition to the collection—thanks!

1 Like

Nice! They all have an Island of Lost Toys feeling to them.

1 Like

Another batch. Keeping with the Spring Theme. Inner two are the “doors” outer two are decorations to apply on top.

FairyDoorsSpring

Red Lines = Cut
Blue Lines = Score
Green Lines = Cut or Score depending on what you want
Black Solids = Engrave

Same as last time, I haven’t tried cutting these yet. Expect they should be fine but no guarantees. Vines and leaves might cut better from paper…ymwv. Will try them out over the weekend.

23 Likes

I couldn’t resist those super cute door designs, so I whipped up some for the neighbors:

Coated with 2 part epoxy resin and added bamboo skewers to make them easy to place in a terrain.

25 Likes

It seems I’m now the neighborhood fairy door dealer. I gave the ones I finished today to three neighbors (they loved them), and one neighbor was trying to figure out how to spend her time, which she normally spends visiting and singing. Most of my suggestions (make face masks, bake banana bread) had lots of objections, but when I said I’d cut her some fairy doors to paint she was all over it. I cut some of your adorable doors @jed_ike, and kinda wished I hadn’t promised to hand them over, they are so cute. I’ll just have to do another set for myself.

13 Likes

Happy to hear it! Hope they are spreading a little bit of joy

1 Like

That’s a super clever idea. Don’t need to get them buried in the ground or just leaning against something. The skewers have to make them sturdier.

2 Likes

These are delightful!

1 Like

Cute! Are the bamboo skewers glued to the back?

I showed some pictures to mother-in-law thinking she might want to use for geocaching but she said people probably wouldn’t leave them since they are so cute. She did come up with the idea that she could use them at the family reunion (out in the country at their property) as she was thinking of having the kids do a treasure hunt and these doors would fit right in. :slight_smile: I like that I can use my wood scraps to make them. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What I did was use a craft knife to slice a flat side, then superglued to the back. Then I ran some hot glue along the glued sides. It was pretty sturdy at that point.

3 Likes