Fairy Doors

Very nice!!

Can’t wait to make these and put around the yard for the Granddaughter to give her something to look for on our out door outings. Thanks just amazing.

I am new to Glowforge, how could I get a copy of the three fairy doors Jed_ike posted here?

At the top of this thread, the three doors are posted. (the ones with the red and green lines). Right click on the design and save as on your computer.

The designs are great. Even more exciting is getting our children/grandchildren/great grandchildren involved.
Also thank you for posting the files also.

I love geocaching @JimmyWayneWestie!

2 Likes

These are the best! Super cute and I can’t wait to try them out. Thank you.

Thank you @m_raynsford and @jed_ike !!! These are all so awesome!

2 Likes

I suggested that my mother-in-law use them for geocaching as this is one of their favorite past-times but she was fairly certain no-one would leave them in place and think they were for the taking.

2 Likes

you could engrave on the back side “please leave this here for the next person!” as big as it would fit. wouldn’t stop people who were just thieves, but at least nobody would think it was there for the taking.

3 Likes

I will suggest that to her or she could wait until specific geocaching “events” where the people are doing it at a event so it’s just a temporary one for the weekend. Good idea.

3 Likes

HELP! NEWBIE! When I went in I assumed they were set to what they needed to be LOL - what settings do I need to change them to please - they ALL cut out into little pieces

Change the blue and green lines to score instead of cut.

2 Likes

THANK YOU so very much!!!

2 Likes

OMG!!! I’m so in love with what you’re creating for walkers!! Have you heard of this story? https://www.kansascity.com/latest-news/article155284229.html

5 Likes

That’s great! I hadn’t heard of Firefly forest before. There is a place in Austria (?) that has something similar which I think is where I first learned of fairy doors…honestly can’t remember with certainty.

Most of the ones we placed have found new homes. Time to put out some more :slight_smile:

3 Likes

She might be right, I personally expect them to be temporary. I can see why she might not want to use them for Geocaching where clues are posted to a website and there is an expectation of semi permanence. Maybe if they were hidden really well…actual geocachers tend to leave things. It’d be the muggles (non geocachers) that would more likely wander off with one.

Another idea would be to make her a bunch of really small versions that she can hide inside of a cache as loot.

Good idea though! I might give it a try. It’s been a while since I’ve gone geocaching!

2 Likes

I like the idea of the miniature versions — will have to suggest that to her… I can use my really small scraps for that. Thanks.

Thank you for these! My girlfriend and I got TWO wonderful date nights out of these - one for painting, and one for placing :smiley:

13 Likes

Awesome! Thanks so much for letting us know!

2 Likes