Fall Leaf Halloween Puzzle *Update*

Thank you! I am new to GF so I am eagerly soaking up all the knowledge here

2 Likes

So may pieces so tiny that folk would be likely to lose them. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

As with all puzzles, care needs to be taken not to lose pieces. One thing to note is that some pieces that appear as if they may be small are actually voids, aka holes in the leaf :maple_leaf:, and not puzzle pieces at all.

They add a bit of trickery to this small puzzle :sunglasses:

I cut this at 6"x 6", and the smallest piece is a bit over 1/2". For bigger pieces, cut it at a bigger size ;p

3 Likes

Thank y’all for the lovely compliments!

You really know how to make a girl blush :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’ve had a bit of feedback specifically about that tricky pumpkin, @Pearl :jack_o_lantern:, which was basically, “What kind of depraved soul would do that?!?” :smiling_imp: :rofl: Same with the drop outs :ghost:

For a puzzle that is only 6", it takes about 45 minutes to complete! I use all the tricks that I know so far to make them last a little longer :heart_eyes_cat:

7 Likes

Bumping this back up for new comers to see! Halloween is coming up, what better way to socially distance than a game night and DIY puzzle?

5 Likes

Awesome!

2 Likes

Your website isn’t showing up but I love this! This is like the victorian puzzles. I have been working on a pride and prejudice design☺️

Thanks, @monicamichellewrs for the nudge about the website, a lot has changed over the last year! I just updated it
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Just added an update and example photos for a wooden puzzle version! Hopefully y’all will cut some out as a fun family project for a socially isolated Halloween :heart_eyes_cat::jack_o_lantern:

7 Likes

Wish I could like it more than once :heart:

2 Likes

I appreciate the sentiment :heart_eyes_cat::sparkling_heart::heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

I love your puzzles. I’m not even sure how to begin to design such creative puzzles. These are so clever and fun … and you are sharing! Wow! Thanks!

2 Likes

Was the last one made out of a mirror acrylic and if so how thick? I just got some mirror acrylic and was trying to figure out what my first project would be. My mom would get the biggest kick out of this!

1 Like

Yes to the mirror acrylic, and it is 1/8" thick. If you have alcohol ink to “dye” it with, you don’t have to use any masking on the acrylic, but be aware that it stinks like a nail salon :sweat_smile: I would love to see your Mom assembling it! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I can’t seem to find where to download the wooden puzzle. Thanks!

2 Likes

The giant picture of it at the end of the first post is the svg file. Right click save. Or drag it into your desktop.

2 Likes

I always forget how to get SVG images to show up well on this forum! I fixed it so it is easier to see the updated plywood version for painting, with a title and instructions on how to save the file. Same way that @wesleyjames said, just the 10x10" Plywood file instead of the last file in the post, which is the 6x6" acrylic file.

Thanks for keepnig me on my toes :sweat_smile::grin:

1 Like

Thank you so much!!

3 Likes

Thank you so much! This was a great little project- painting autumn colors is fun! I combined it with a box from boxes.py and engraved the solution on the back of the lid.

18 Likes

Nice box and I love your color selection! The slide lid is particularly nifty. I can see you put in the extra time to remove the puzzle pieces from the lid leaf, it looks great!