Fall Leaf Halloween Puzzle *Update*

**Edited to add: now listed in the Glowforge Catalog!

Hey all you Halloween fans! I just finished creating a plywood version of this puzzle, with several tweaks to the actual cutting file: making it 10x10 changing some puzzle piece cuts lines, moving the stem in closer to the leaf body to make it fit in a ~10x10 cut space.

If you like puzzles, pop open my profile for more links! :grin::wink::jack_o_lantern:

And here is a lovely potato quality short video ;p :jack_o_lantern: (forgive the quality and vertical-ness, it was shot using Instagram Reels)

VERSION 2, 10x10" 1/4" PLYWOOD
Updated SVG file for 1/4" plywood cut:

Right click on image below to “Save image as” (it might be a very small orange blob :joy_cat:)
3catmax-Halloween-Fall-Leaf-puzzle-with-whimsies

HAPPY PUZZLING!
~Janell + the cats

°
°°
°°°°°
°°°°°°°°°°
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
°°°°°°°°°°
°°°°°
°°
°

Original Post for 6x6" acrylic puzzle:
Happy Halloween!

I made this fun and spooky :bat: puzzle, and because it is a very seasonal type that I can’t ship fast enough to get to anyone for Halloween :jack_o_lantern:, I thought it would be fun to share the :ghost: spooky with the Glowforge fam to share some joy ;p

If you need one and can’t make it, I do have them for sell on my website: www.3catmax.com/s/shop

I would love to see your renditions, so if you make one, please post a pic! (Better yet, post it on Instagram and tag me @3catmax ;p ) This is 6"x6", bigger would be awesome, smaller might make some pieces way too tiny/thin.

VERSION 1, 6x6" 1/8" ACRYLIC
Adobe Illustrator version:
halloween_puzzle_3CatMax.ai (607.7 KB)

SVG version:
halloween_puzzle_3CatMax

Have an Awesome and Puzzling Halloween!!!

84 Likes

Gorgeous

2 Likes

Timely and beautiful. Thank you.

2 Likes

Oh fun! I love the little hidden charms! :grinning:

3 Likes

Thank you! The red lines are scores for the leaf veins, and the orange all cuts for the puzzle pieces ;p

2 Likes

Awesome! In puzzle-speak, they are known as whimsies or figurals – charms is * charming* though!

3 Likes

Your work with inks on acrylic is just beautiful!

3 Likes

I love how you split the jack-o-lantern up. I bet those 2 pieces alone stump folks as they try to keep them together!

4 Likes

You are such a gem!

3 Likes

Ooh. Now I have to decide whether to turn on the burninator or not tonight!

Thank you very much!

3 Likes

pretty cool, what do you do to get the leaf color?

1 Like

They talk about it on this other post - alcohol inks and patience :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thank you! This is delightful and timely!

1 Like

Thank you for this. Color is perfect.

1 Like

Thank you! Now I just need some better suckage (aka fan in venting) to keep my house from smelling like a nail salon when I cut puzzles ;p

2 Likes

Very cool! Thanks so much for the share!

1 Like

Thanks for linking my original color post @deirdrebeth!

@Anselm-M , Although I made this out of acrylic, pre-painting a sheet of ply to cut works really well too. I have another style of puzzle, which is primed wood and watercolors. For that I prime plywood, score in the design, watercolor and seal, mask, and then cut out the pieces. That is how I made this puzzle: Custom Memento Puzzle - Kitt Peak, AZ

2 Likes

Happy Halloween to you too! Thanks for the share. :ghost:

1 Like

Very nicely done. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

This is very kind of you—thanks for sharing this cool design!

1 Like