Fancy pants fantasy dice tower

you can even use one of these to bray down masking to boards. works pretty well.

2 Likes

yep, works like a champ

1 Like

I’d be more likely to reach for tape in this instance, I use the scrapers when the bits are very very small, like < .1" across or when there’s a very large amount of engraves space, and I won’t want the tape to adhere to the roasted surface.

2 Likes

OMG, I need to spend more time reading topics here! Yay for masking material cheats!!!

Plastic blades ordered…

2 Likes

ORDERED!

How did I LIVE without knowing about this?!? Man I feel stupid. Like seriously stupid!

2 Likes

If you’re cutting a lot of parts, not engraving, you might want to read this:

3 Likes

I don’t see an SVG anywhere? Am I blind?

Right click and save as on the line drawing at the bottom of the OP

4 Likes

There is no line drawing at the bottom of the OP.
The bottom of the OP is just the image of the leftover PG sheet and "Anyway, enjoy!!!-Lee"

Okay so it turns out ublock (my ad blocker) was causing the SVG to not show up.
Guess I need to white list the forums here in order to see attached SVGs…

6 Likes

Love the details to hide the finger joints … also the interior panels … very cool design! Thank you so much for sharing your work!

4 Likes

nice… I haven’t used one of these before either… gonna try it… thanks so much!

2 Likes

Totally love how you disguised the joints! Really nice work on the rest of it, too. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I love this tool! I have all kinds of picks and such from having a Silhouette cutter … but this works awesome on flat surfaces…use it every time I made a Tesla coin to give out…ordering myself an extra one to carry with me. I sometimes weed at lunch (please read that correctly).

2 Likes
  1. Is this something someone would use with Dungeons & Dragons? I have a nephew that just got married last weekend and have been racking my brain what to make.
  2. Just Hobby Lobby type of felt by the rectangle? How did you figure out settings for felt? What type of adhesive did you use?
    This looks really awesome and thank you for sharing!
2 Likes

Finally made one! And I want to thank you again. The design is just fantastic and it came together like a charm. Couldn’t find any dice to try, but it worked great with large beads. This will make a special present for one of our god kids.

9 Likes

Oh hey! Missed this post back in October.

Super glad it worked out for you! It’s pretty cool to see other people using a design you built. :slight_smile:

For what it’s worth, if I’m rolling a real handful of dice, like 5-6 or so, there’s a few escapees sometimes… I might have raised the lip on the bottom landing area sliiiightly if I had to build it again, but not by much.

3 Likes

What material thickness is this set up for?

It’s 9 1/2 inches tall, according to the OP, so I’m going to say that’s got to be 1/8" material. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, yes… sorry. It’s proofgrade medium maple plywood. 1/8th.

2 Likes