Faux Letterpress

Haha–probably should have! It would be interesting to try both methods and compare the quality.

4 Likes

And the time of placing and weeding versus engraving away all that material.

Some comments by people doing that for leather stamping indicate that acrylic is not the most durable, but almost certainly depends on all of the specifics involved.

2 Likes

Excellent!

But Delrin is :slightly_smiling_face:, professionally made custom leather stamps are often laser cut from it. Conveniently carried by Inventables.

6 Likes

I’ve got a little Delrin and I did make some wax seal stamps with it (worked great!). But what I’m afraid of with Delrin and also with acrylic is that the ink might bead up on the surface. At least I’m pretty sure the ink I used would. Maybe not the kind of ink they use for screen printing and letterpress–haven’t tried that.

2 Likes

Letterpress and screenprinting inks are oil based and pretty “sticky”, work wonderfully with nonporous surfaces (like metal type). Really fun to play with, kinda buttery.

4 Likes

Color me impressed

2 Likes

What a wonderful project with excellent results! Very nicely done!

1 Like

Beautifully executed Cynd11!

1 Like

Love the split fountain!

1 Like

I love this idea!!!
I would say I am going to try it, but I dont think i would be patient enough.
I do love my big shot so I might have to try. :slight_smile:

That is SUCH a great idea. Thank you for posting, I never would have thought of it!

Too pretty to be a card. How about an ornament? This is way out of my skill set for now.

I have been working on a project that would repossee thin (4 oz) soft copper from a deep 3d engraved relief. Looking on Google the closest I could find was this antique Tibetan piece but it gets the general idea.
Clipboard11

I was wondering if your process might work out better than mine

3 Likes

I get a Forbidden when I attempt to follow that link.

The Big Shot is often used with embossing folders and thin metal; you should look into it!

1 Like

wow this is amazing!!! I have another project to add to my “need to learn how to do” list :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is pretty amazing. Thank you for sharing

2 Likes

This is so inspiring! I really need to do something with paper… #necrogame

3 Likes

Has anyone done a Lino print the opposite of this (ie deep engrave)

1 Like