The way I see it, to calculate cut/score time you’d need:
- a way to sum up all path lengths [keeping in mind the scale to which you’ve chosen to forge the piece]
- either estimate or calculate move distance between paths [probably requires deep knowledge of process order in the GF software]
- factor in material (head speed)
- specifics about your glowforge [pro/basic? Age? Current software revision?]
- maybe some other stuff I am not thinking of
… to get an overall time to complete. This sounded like something doable to estimate yet really hard to do perfectly so I googled a bit. Sure enough someone has worked on this for CNC,
Caveat: I’ve not vetted this at all. I’m a day 28 order, I won’t need this probably until late 2023 judging by today’s update
The good news is that the GF team seems to have done it already, the bad news is that I suspect it calculates it in prep for cutting because of all the variables in my list, which it’ll only know once it assesses your materials and machine.
Anyway, this is all speculation on my end. Cheers!