Fence Board Sasquatch

Several years ago, I put out an ad on Craigslist for old cedar fence boards that remodelers were tossing. Found this lady with obscenely thick and wide boards (1 inch by 12 inch by 6ft) with drastic weathering and old stain. Kicking myself for not getting all 300 boards, but I took what I could at the time.
So I ran a board thru a planer to smooth out one side, but left the other side alone.

Yes, the GF will power thru .75 inches of cedar at 100 speed and 3x passes. However, for this run, I did an old school jigsaw.

I overlaid a map on the “clean” side, and left the back side “dirty”. I like them both!

31 Likes

Scored or engraved?

5 Likes

That’s nice!
My favourite wood to work with.

7 Likes

As long as you don’t hit a knot. And WHATEVER you do, don’t leave it unattended, even for a second – that stuff is powerful flamey!

18 Likes

Nice work!! Love Sasquatch!

10 Likes

This is cool! We replaced our old cedar fence a couple of years ago, but we still have hundreds of cedar planks stacked around our yard while I figure out what to do with them. I love the idea of using a planer on one side but leaving the other side weathered.

7 Likes

I love maps! I focused on the map more than the outline; the reverse side really makes the Sasquatch alive.

6 Likes

Engraved

2 Likes

I pretty much use only reclaimed materials now. Just received 100 lbs of landfill bound Plexiglas last month (office COVID shields).

5 Likes

Right!? It’s kind of like sitting at a campfire. I get memorized watching the laser cutting…

5 Likes

Very cool result!!

3 Likes

Line
yb
line
the image appears.

1 Like

Love to see something recycled. Great project!

2 Likes

I think I’ve seen that guy walking around here too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Love it!

1 Like