Ferris Wheel/Advent Calendar now available on Etsy or 6 months - better late than never!

I am finishing up the instructions for the living room now. I always seem to have something else to do when it comes to writing instructions. LOL

5 Likes

Kudos for calling out the material thickness. Most people assume it’s all the same. My collection of “Medium” Proofgrade materials vary from .115-.142"…

2 Likes

Thanks. It was a lot of fun to design, and looking back I probably would have done a few things different but ultimately it works.

1 Like

Yeah, I really want people to understand how important it is when you are dealing with snap together construction. There is a little wiggle room, but not much. LOL

This is beyond freaking awesome, curious though on the moving parts, cork grease or???

Absolutly love your work.

1 Like

Thank you so much! The axel is actually bearing construction. I wanted it to rotate freely.

17 Likes

That is brilliant…

2 Likes

Thanks! I tried a few different ways early on, and gears seemed to lock up and just putting a round disk was too hard to move.

1 Like

Most people would have gone with an axle of another material.

2 Likes

True, but you really don’t need to. It works great and it really isn’t carrying that much weight. It also puts less stress on the cross beams so the wheel moves as one.

2 Likes

Oh, I am really in awe of your solution! The “other material” is the “easy way out”!

You might want to edit the title, by the way. This deserves to be recognized for what it is!

5 Likes

LOL. What should the title be?

I think I have already posted this twice before. Once during design phase and once when I finished it. I think people are getting tired of seeing it. LMAO

Ferris Wheel Advent Calendar now available on Etsy

4 Likes

Simple and to the point. I like it!

Phenomenal design Victor! :star_struck:
The details and fastening techniques are superb, but you really wowed me with that bearing! :no_mouth:

3 Likes

Thanks. I did redesign it for this round. The old version had way too many bearings. In the end it didn’t make a difference in the performance so I changed them.

3 Likes

Yeah, it was Leonardo who realized that friction robbed power and conceived, you guessed it - the ball bearing.

6 Likes

Love that! I wish I could produce those on a Glowforge!!! LOL

2 Likes

You know, with 3D engraving that’s not that far out.

2 Likes

The funny thing is I have a 3-D printer I have never used. LOL I just haven’t got around to it.

2 Likes